3rd Trimester

How do you get relief emotionally?

How do you deal with your rollercoaster emotions especially when theyve hit an all time low..

Re: How do you get relief emotionally?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah i too find it really intense some times more then others. I have no way of getting rid of the aggravation, frustration, sadness or dissapointment once its there. Its so hard to snap out of
  • Loading the player...
  • Exercise! A little shot of endorphins can do wonders.
  • I just cry at random things but it lets the tension off.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It helped my pregnancy related anxiety to work on the nursery. I feel very out of control with pregnancy of course, so working on things I can control helps.
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Thanks emmyg65 i was looking for something more along the lines of Aroma-therapy (:
  • Yes i do that also i feel like if im in a rut i feel good to organise my hospital bag or keep trying to get things labour ready but it doesnt lift my stress. My partner takes it all. Poor guy. Or yes i take a shower and cry. Our families are putting alot of detriment on our relationship. His mum always always asking for money and never paying it back. Also trying to pawn his little brother off on us with no consideration that im less than a month due with our first child. I wouldnt have such a problem if she contributed to him staying as my mum would bring food or money usually both but not this one. My mum however weve just moved homes together with so that id have company while my partner works hes a night shift worker and it worked out good for us that we both move together and save money aswell. Just that my mum is so stressful shes a teacher and its all she talks about its consumed her life and she has soooo much stuff. I prefer simple happy living. Cant wait to move apart again but dont want my partners mum thinking its okay to come and live off us in our new home. See the difference with my mum is that she is financially fair with us. His however thinks we are made of money knowing dam well that she keeps taking our last bit of money then we are without for a week. She smokes too so that just pisses me off that she has money for her smokes but not for my partners little brothers food hes a teen and needs to eat so of corse i give in and let his mum rip us off.
  • edited December 2014
    My partners family have always asked for money since weve been together. I had no idea that he would give away $400 easy when id first met him. He definetly hid that his family was reliant on him or i would have thought way more seriously about getting involved with his crap family that i really have grown to resent. The thing is after finding out we were expecting our first child i thought that the asking for loans would stop. Turned out they asked for more.. knowing that hed be trying his best to save for us and our family on the way. We couldnt save of corse because we were having his brother sent to us every holiday even though i was Extremely sick and of corse we were ment to fund him the whole time. Im just so stressed that this is what im going to be fighting against for the rest of my life aslong as i want to keep My soon to be family together. My partner is so close with his little bro though he really likes having him stay with us but for a span of 2 weeks.. 6weeks sometimes.. 3 months a year. Its so stressful financially for me and i know that his mum sends him deliberately so that she can have her Spare time. I will have a baby in my home and my partner works all afternoon through the night so i have to make sure his brothers okay. i dont want this to keep going and il leave if it doesnt end its sad because my partner and i are otherwise really happy together.
  • edited December 2014
  • edited December 2014
    Thank you for the support yes I know I know its things that need Serious addressing but whenever I try and talk about it with him my emotions take control and I just cry or get really really angry at the situation and I'm all muddled up thanks to my trusty baby brain and loss of sleep.

If we could aford therapy (cringe) I would just cry the entire time before we even got there Im a cancer (star sign) so im too dam soft hearted and "feel" too strongly. So this stuff really weighs heavy on me, even more so being pregnant.

I try and distract myself with the nursery but then i just get put off because I dont want his mum to see it out of spite. All the hard work we've done and how well we've done even with her and his family taking our money.I just get sad god it sounds pathetic, i hate to think what my poor baby goes through when im so stressed. Poor LO.

My partner has his mums back. Mine first of corse but she manipulates him by saying theyre starving and he always puts it on me wether we give money or not. They live 4hrs away so I cant take food. And it adds to him missing them and wanting to do anything for them, like having his brother when he can or helping his mum buy his uniforms seriously hes like his dad (their dad is useless) but my mum did it as a single parent and we were never starving as children. Its only 1 that his mother looks after and she works a bit and she must get welfare for her son she also gambles! Stupid woman.

Geez reading through this (my life story, sorry.) Definitely puts things into perspective. Its either our family or his. I must say since ive been with him though the money his mums been getting is definetly alot less. I dont understand what person relys on their kids for money or to be the father figure. My partners heart is tooo big and his parents take advantage
  • I actually managed to get it under control and had her stop asking by always saying no. But then his little brother text him and rang him saying they had no food and his mum doesnt wana ask for money.. Bet its coz she gambled and smoked it away. Now shes been asking again especially before xmas and shes coming here just before it probably to get presents and try and stay or leave her son somewhere (she never buys my partner a present not even a card on his birthday) usually hes with us all these christmas holidays which puts a real strain on everything I told him they cant stay u know ill be almost due i said that right through and he asked me again making me feel guilty and the need to re explain because shes just demanded that shes showing up here. I cant believe this woman shes honestly so sweet and carefree but careless and inconsiderate. Doesnt even ask is if we can have his brother and that can she stay she just lays it on us. Sounds prety evil but i wish she wasnt so healthy. Dont want to have such a person in my childs life
  • Your awesome. Thanks heaps for the advise. Wow i cant believe it. Turns out shes asked to come to my birth. My home birth and first experience at childbirth ,my partners mum has asked to be here WTF! And hes seriously telling me to think about it. Way to really F*%^Ing stress me out before my babys due i said no. My mum will be here for support I am her daughter but this just turns it into a whole lot of uncomftable. Why does she want to see me giving birth. Why does he think that's even an option.. hes even told me hel set her up a hangout in the garage so that shes close but not in my space. She wont stay in there thats so awkward. Wow talk about awkward im shocked. I told him no ill be uncomftable sore probably naked and No and he cried about it. She wants to see the life or some bullshit was his answer. Seriously F that. She has a daughter she can watch her give birth. Just wow
  • Didnt cry massively but got teary eyed. We had a sort of half arguement about him thinking his mum can stay here n i stuck up for my sore tired body and said no. Weve discussed this before. Coming to my childbirth though i just cant believe it. Hes telling me to think about it when my answer was clear as day. And i have to say to him again . No with every reason why. Or itl be on my mind that he may still think its ok shes here. Id feel so weird like i cant just Be. And what if im in a 30hr+ labour what does she want to see me in agony or something. Crazy. Whatever. Not happening. Cant believe mother inlaws would even barge in on such an intimate experience like that or is that just mine super inconsiderate to put that on me. And if shes here my partner will be torn from me making sure shes ok aswell. Sorry for posting im just shocked. No way are we that close. Mayve if i didnt have a mum she could suggest being here but even so thats just too many people (midwives x2, my mum, him, me & inlaw) noway. God hes an idiot thinking thats ok.
  • Love it!!! Yes i just wanna write all this down and throw it in his face (or leave it in his work bag lol) hes so sensetive it doesnt work well because i am too. But yea his mum can forget about it.

Maybe shes just being greedy cause my mums going to be there. But my mum will be my everything . My experienced supports person, my entertainer for my midwives, my go getter. Not a burden of oh is she hungry is she comfortable am I looking like a wuss.. is this going to be talked about to my other halfs family members.
    All questions that dont need to be considered because Im not allowing it.

Want to just kick my partners head in but my leg wont reach that high anymore . Or i would lol. This board has helped me heaps though, strayed a little from the topic. Alot actually.

But the obvious is to get relief in a case like this just need to talk about the nitty gritty.
    Also pushing around nursery furniture is a good way to let some steam out.
    Rose petal baths mocktails and sweets just dont cut it sometimes. Dressing up isnt much fun anymore either.. retail therapy is just a little depressing now. Rather put on a pair of boxing gloves
  • Poppin over from D14
    @ilyxo im so sorry youre dealing with all this. It is beyond the allowed amount of bullshit you're supposed to deal with when it comes to inlaws. But I love everything the other PPs said. 
    No is a good word. YOUR labor is just that, YOURS until that baby shows up then you're just chopped liver c; I kid I kid! stand your ground when it comes to your wishes for such a monumental event. 
    I really do hope your partner wises up and soon. And that you get the home birth you're looking for. 
    Creepy internet stranger hugs! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hehe that made me laugh.. creepy hugs. Thank u beautiful mamas or mamas to be. I know how important it is to be crystal clear about things. Something ive learnt from being in a relationship with stupid idiotic inlaws (like the one who thinks she can impose on my birthing experience) just so hard to start these awkward conversations that end in silence and silly my side of the bed your side of the bed silent conclusions. I do appreciate being heard because i certainly am having a hard time getting my voice across. My partner just isnt listening the first time. And you know how much us ladies hate repeating ourselves. Its okay though because as soon as my LO is out..my baby brain will be history and i will be back to my emotionally enabled self again.
  • @ilyxo‌ I swear I could have posted this except the mother in law lives with us. I'm on my phone so it's harder to type but trust me when I say you aren't alone. I had no idea why my fiancé owned very little when I met him because he has a decent job and is actually a really cheap man lol but then I discovered he has been supporting his mom, brother, and two nieces for the most part. They are supposed to be loving with us to help financially us and them (I just moved to a new town and it is hard as hell to find a job here, especially pregnant). Yet, they are constantly asking for money all the time. We can't keep groceries in the house at all. Yet they can't stand left overs and waste a serious amount of food. She does work but it barely goes far because of the brother who doesn't work and his two children. And don't even get me started on why he won't work. My point is, I truly understand how overwhelming and depressing it can feel at times because the man your with loves his family so much yet he still wants to provide for his own little growing family.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @mayfateleadyou‌
    You know what im so glad you posted, even though its under sad annoying disturbing circumstances. We had problems with food aswell. My partner has a good earning job and so is also taken for granted and seen as a bank. He offers me so much and can hardly pull through because "they" get to him pretty quick. If its not pay day they contact him its the day after.. as if its not that obvious. I tell him to get real when hes telling me we will own owr own home because his credit is bad from his family loaning money and never paying it back. He thinks im negative and bla bla but i was so the healthiest of a happy person when i met him. Then i slowly changed from being selfless to selfish for my own good. He didn't want me to work because of his hours wed never see eachother and i understood that at the time but really wish i just kept working because he then owned my independance and especially now being pregnant with no extra income i know how stressful and hard on you it is when you feel like he owns all the money. How do you tell your spouse not to support his "other" family when yours isnt quite here yet and when he earns all the money. And of corse you are easily won over because you feel as if you have no real say. Your baby gets a say though and thats what ive always fell back on. I look like a nagging pregnant woman but you know its not without reason. Make it known to him that your family comes first and if it doesnt walk away and get child support until he learns his lesson. Thats my plan if this keeps going because my partner is all mr generous and i hear him on the phone offering to pick up his sister who lives 3hrs away. And for no reason at all. He knows to ask me before he Actually does anything though but its the stupid thought in the beggining that he thinks its okay is what really annoys me and thats where i say No because we need that $200 gas Gosh! But then im seen as being negative or whatever and its like No you need to wise up not leave it all on your pregnant mrs shoulders! I swear i feel so annoyed that my mum is the only one we can go to when we need money and we only need money because his is sending his little brother to us on the bus for two weeks and we need food or she is asking for money and hes given it. He even tried to get me to agree on giving his sister the last $150 we had in our babys account which is a waste of time because we always need to clear it out so we could keep us going. Its cool that your H is cheap though because mine is a show pony and i seem to have to trip him up Alot of the time on careless spending which trust me isnt fun. The thought of its Only money well get more money is Stupid! When you have nothing saved.
    We are living with my mum to save money that means splitting Everything 50/50 power water etc. Food is the most annoying because you are two seperate families trying to agree on what to eat and yes i find splitting that bill very hard and confusing. But if we had his mum staying with us. She wouldnt pay a cent maybe once in a while but we can never rely on her. I say get out of the house with the mother inlaw because shes always used her son For things and by living with her it makes it that much easier for her to manipulate him
  • She pays her part of the mortgage but that is about it, we are struggling getting the rest paid most of the time. And it's simple things like dog food, yes he has one dog but she doesn't eat all that much. A bag used to last a month now it's every couple of weeks we are having to buy dog door because they own three. Then you've got paper products like toilet paper that if we don't provide they will just use paper towels and flush them down the drain. I know it all sounds petty but it really does add up. Then there is the "the girls need this for school or that for school", yet when he hands the money over his brother suddenly has his cell turned back on. And it completely get the sounding of a nagging pregnant woman but I'm not tryin to nag, I'm trying to get him to see that all of this adds up truly.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am the same as you. I count up every littlw thing knowing it all adds up like when they stay and leave the tv on over night and his little brother constantly charging his phone gis control batteries or my ipad. His xbox is always on and too and i know because he can turn it off and itl continue to download till its done. His mum always has a bath when she comes because she doesnt have one and then yes the t.p which you use sooooo much of being pregnant seriously you need your own secret supply. I would moan heaps if i was you pay one quater of the dog food bill because you only have one and the kids oo i know how do you even say no to that. Its so dam stressful. I agree with ladycersei. We need to telegraph the cold hard facts and then post them on the fridge where they will always be seen and remembered.
  • I have already started a detailed budget but with the holidays and this cold I've been loosing the fight to for the last week and a half, I haven't kept up with it as much as I wanted to. But next month is a different story for sure. I mean I've got 3 months before he is here and we barely have anything we really need.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"