2nd Trimester
Options

2nd pregnancy already really uncomfortable

I am 17 weeks and I'm already starting to get uncomfortable, cramping, my hips are hurting my back is hurting and I'm only comfortable sleeoing in certain positions. It feels WAY WAY WAY to early to be feeling this way. I brought it up to my doctor and she told me that second pregnancies can be a lot different and more uncomfortable than the first ones. And assured me things were okay. I feel kind of crazy! I really feel like I shouldnt even be feeling very pregnant yet. Are any other moms going through this? I would imagine so! What do you do to ease this discomfort?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2nd pregnancy already really uncomfortable

• Options
    Wait till your expecting #3..no fun!
    I just do prenatal yoga and stretching at home everyday. It's really helped.
  • Options
    This is my third and each one has gotten worse.  Hang in there.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy and this past week I have had a constant back ache, achy hips and stretching pains. I'm only 17 +4
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hear ya! 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options
    This is my second, I just hit 18 weeks, and I've been saying the same thing.

I got bigger faster, the sciatica kicked in earlier, my back and hips hurt.....yeah, this pregnancy is definitely more uncomfortable than the first. With the first, I honestly didn't have any complaints until around 38 weeks. It makes me scared of what the next 20 weeks will bring!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Options
    I'm 13w tomorrow on my first pregnancy. I've had extreme cramping, back pain, aches in hips, and weird movement pain for almost 4 weeks now. I'm starting to wonder if I am further along then I think. I've heard the second one is more uncomfortable.
  • Options
    I had the same conversation with my doctor too. I don't remember when it started hurting with #2 but I know it was way earlier and stronger. I still feel fine with #3, at 17.5 weeks. But I started going to the chiropractor a few months before I got pregnant and assume that has been helping a lot with the back/joint pain.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    me too. I am going to the chiro at lunch and it seems to have helped especially with the back pain. I'm thinking of increasing my appointments to every 2 weeks until this little one comes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    On my 3rd @18 wks and I just hurt all the time ligament pain back hips I have to take tylenol before bed some nights my 2nd wasnt easy but it was cake walk

• Options

I agree. Pain & discomfort came on quick. I've been looking into stretches and things to do when possible. With my first pregnancy I had a job where I was on my feet alot, this time around its a job where I get to sit alot more. I thought I would enjoy being in the chair more but its so hard to get comfortable! I do what I can to move throughout the day.

• Options
    I agree! This is also my 2nd, and I am so uncomfortable.. I can barley sleep, headaches, backaches.. everything!!! I had super smooth sailing with my first, I thought it would have been the other way around.. that you would have it easier the 2nd because your body is more used to what is happening! My kids are 6 years apart, so it might just be I'm older now too! All I know if every pregnancy is totally different!
    Pregnancy Ticker    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"