December 2013 Moms

Won't give up bottle

my daughter is 11.5 months and we have begun slowly transitioning her to WCM in a sippy cup. Replacing a bottle of formula with the sippy cup of WCM. She loves the milk but refuses to sleep unless we give her a bottle in bed. She doesn't fall asleep drinking it.... She seems to drink it then suck on it for a second, push t aside, and fall asleep. I don't know what to do because I follow the rule of formula in bottle and WCM or water in sippy cup only. I did this my first LO and he was off the bottle and on WCM shortly after his first birthday. I want to break her habit of having the bottle in bed to fall asleep but all she does now is scream when she used to go down so easily. Any advice? TIA

Re: Won't give up bottle

• Put water in the bottle. Formula, milk or juice in a bottle in the crib is a no-no at this point.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • juliagulia38juliagulia38 member
    edited December 2014
    Give her the bottle. I followed that rule with DS but LO is drinking formula still in a bottle and I tried sippy cups. She will only drink water or juice in them. Every baby is different. If she is screaming and wants the bottle, just give it to her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Can you give her the bottle (or sippy) of milk first (sitting in a chair or whatever), then lay her down? Had you been letting her take a bottle of formula into the crib?
  • I would try to give her a bottle or sippy with WCM beige laying her down. Then she would cry when she got put down for her nap or bedtime..... My DH had gotten in the habit of putting her down with a bottle of formula in the crib so that she would fall right to sleep. Now it's a very hard habit for me to break. I did go the whole day yesterday without her having a bottle in bed. She cried for a short time and then went to sleep! :) hoping things will continue to go smoothly
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"