January 2014 Moms
Options

Convertible Car Seats

I went through and read the old posts on convertible car seats.  However, I am wondering if anyone's opinions have changed now that many of you have had your seats for a while. 

My husband wants to get Costco's Evenflo Symphony car seat.  He likes the price and it has good reviews.  https://www.costco.com/Evenflo®-Symphony™-Elite-Car-Seat---Ocala.product.100098538.html

However, my research leads me to Britax car seats.  Are they really worth the extra money? 

Re: Convertible Car Seats

• Options
    @esd - my problem is too many options!  lol.  However, I have read good things about the Diono Radian.  DL asked my BIL why they chose their car seat and he said that was the only one that Costco had in stock.  I know I am probably thinking too much about this.  However, it is an expensive item that we will probably use for 5 years, so I don't want any regrets. 
  • Options
    I have the Evenflo Symphony LX for both of my kidsand I love it! One thing I especially love about it is how easy it is to adjust the height of the shoulder straps as LO grows (basically you just pull up on them and you never have to worry about rethreading them or anything). SIL has a Britaxand I have helped her move hers you our car and ours to her car and I think the evenflo is easier to move and install. Plus the Evenflo has higher weight limits and I think height limits so it will last longer.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The way I figure, they have so many safety regulations for car seats that any one you get will be safe.

I knew we needed one to fit in our small car. We've had the graco fit for me 65 for a few days and like it so far!

The choices just got to be too overwhelming so I ended up pretty much just picking one on a whim.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• Options
    This is what we have, and I was super excited to buy another off the Facebook garage sale site since my 2.5 yr old is still in the other one. I love how the straps adjust on it with the knob that turns.

I know britax is the favorite, but this is the one I love. It's evenflo brand.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Have a britax marathon (got it on sale in August). Love it and it fits with room to spare in my tiny Toyota Corolla (2000). She is comfortable in it and it's easy to get her in and out of b
    My only concern is the rear facing height limit - she's tall and It seems she doesn't have long to go before she's less than an inch from the top.

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Options
    We got the Graco 4 Ever. It's got some of the highest limits we could find for height in RF and FF harnessed seating. It also turns into a high back booster then a backless booster, so it's the only car seat we'll need (hopefully). It fits well in my small crossover, taking up less space than the Britax infant seat we were using.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Options
    We also just got the Graco 4ever about a month ago, and I absolutely love it. LO seems so much more comfy in it. I love how versatile it is as well. It was a bit pricey, although we did get $45 off the 299.99 price tag with a sale. But like @blue_elle‌ said, it converts into 3 other seats, so hopefully this is the only one we have to buy. :)

our little flower born 01.13.14
  • Options
    We have the Chicco Nextfit and love it. My husband said it was easy to install and Em seems comfy in it. The sides of it seem taller than most others so it takes a bit of getting use to to get her in/out without bumping her head on the ceiling of the car (we have a 4Runner with not lots of headroom above her seat). She's been in it for about 4 months and overall we love it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We still like our Britax advocate, recently picked up the clicktight so my hubby and mom can transfer him easier as he's out of his infant seat. The clicktight works great, so simple to install but it's heavy! If you need to move a seat around often I would recommend it. Otherwise I think these ladies have it covered
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"