Infertility

Hello (intro)

Hi. Nice to meet all of you.
My husband and I just got the news that he is shooting blanks.
I will freely admit this feel like my worst nightmare come true. I've never really thought about infertility till now. So I'm coming here to learn and hopefully find the support I lack offline.
I'm 30 he's 35 but it's a birth defect that his mother didn't get fixed. Undecended testicles, he was a 3 month early premie.
I am full of questions and reading posts full of acronyms and meds I know nothing about. But I'm trying to learn.
Thank for being here.

Re: Hello (intro)

• Welcome! The acronyms can be confusing at first, but it gets easier after awhile :) Click here for the Bump glossary!

It can be quite a shock at first to learn that you're dealing with IF (I don't think anybody really thinks about it, since we're all ingrained basically from birth that sex=baby). It can also be really hard on a relationship, so you'll need to support each other through it. MFI is a really touchy subject with men (we're dealing with MFI as well), so reassuring him that it's a "couple" issue that you're dealing with together can make it easier for him, and you too, since he'll be in a better frame of mind to deal with it.

Good luck to both of you, and I hope you don't have to stay here long! Feel free to ask any questions you might have, as these ladies are a wealth of information!

image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• @tptbabe--Thanks for linking the glossary! I have been relying on context clues! 

@MrsGreen92014--Judging from my experience, you will feel that way (nightmare-ish) on and off throughout treatment. Not every day feels terrible, but some do. I am also dealing with MFI/unexplained infertility. I agree with @tptbabe; you have to take care of your relationship and also of yourself. Good luck!
    Me: 28, no diagnosis  DH: 33, MFI, severely low morphology, diagnosed 3/14
    IVF #1: May/June 2014: 10R/8F, 1 morula transferred = BFN, nothing to freeze.
    IVF #2: July/August 2014: 18R/12M/8F, 2 blastocysts transferred = BFN, nothing to freeze.
    IVF #3: October/November 2014: 22R/17M/15F, 2 early blastocysts transferred = BFN, nothing to freeze.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"