Babies on the Brain

Joining In!

nuggetRNnuggetRN member
edited December 2014 in Babies on the Brain

I decided that it was about time I said hi to everyone so I can participate in discussions! I will be lurking and think, oh I could add something to that and then rethink it because you all will probably be wondering who I am.

So, who I am...

I have been married to DH since October 2012, together since July of 2009. I am a nurse and DH works at a steel fabricating plant. Unfortunately right now we are on completely opposite schedules and don't see each other nearly as much as I would like  :(

Our house is full of furbabies at the moment. We've got two dogs, who are also brothers. They are ridiculously spoiled. We also have a cat who is about six years old and we just adopted another kitten. She is a typical crazy kitten, destroying my curtains and driving me crazy. But then I wake up with her curled up next to my head on my pillow and I have to forgive her, lol! Thankfully our animals all get along very well.

We are hoping to start TTC in the second half of 2015, we have not set an exact date but we are moving in that direction!! I have read the newbie blog, lurked a ton and downloaded FF. I have been getting the email tutorials and am learning lots. I got my BBT from Amazon 4 days ago and have so far forgotten to temp every morning for four days!! I am pretty pathetic; how did you guys remind yourselves when you first started out? I feel like once I get in the habit it will be easier but so far I am not doing very well. I will get up, let the dogs out and while I am up I remember that I didn't temp. Ugh.

Looking forward to getting involved and learning lots from you ladies  :)

Edit: Changed manufacturing to fabricating... I always mess that up. The place DH works at does not make anything really, just processes, packages, fabricates and ships. Something something something, lol

Re: Joining In!

• The last couple days I had it next to my phone, then evil kitten knocked it off, so this morning I put it under my pillow. She stole my fitbit off my nightstand yesterday and ran into the kitchen with it! Why we thought getting a kitten was a good idea I have no idea, haha.

I tend to wake up before my alarm goes off. Maybe I just need to set it earlier. I can also set it so it reads the name of the alarm and I can make it say "Take your temp!!" DH isn't home most mornings so I don't have to worry about disturbing him.

• Welcome to the group! :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! I'm new as well! Like you, my H and I are hoping to start TTC in 2015, but we haven't set a date yet. 

A few years ago, I temped for about 9 months (my cycles were all over the place) and I kept my thermometer under the pillow. I also wake up before my alarm sometimes, so I started setting it earlier, like 3am. Then I'd just go back to sleep. :)
  • Gdaisy09 said:
    I have an alarm app on my phone that uses the accelerometer in the phone to detect when you're awake, in light sleep or Deep REM sleep, you set the absolute latest time you want to wake-up and it'll wake you within a 30min window of that time based on your sleep pattern...so if it senses you're waking up, the alarm goes off, for example if I set it for 5:30 and at 5:10 it senses that I'm coming out of deep sleep the alarm goes off...it's pretty cool, it also keeps a record of how well you're sleeping, I've found it to be pretty accurate...at least as far as I can tell. 

edited because...words

~~~~~~and now I know what it means to get stuck in te quote box!!~~~~~~~

This sounds interesting! What is the app called? How close does the phone have to be to you at night?

And  hi everyone! Thank you for the welcome and tips!

• Hello and welcome to the group

Anniversary
    Me 27  DH 31
    Married 11.1.14

• Thanks @Gdaisy09 I will definitely be checking that out. Hopefully I can get this temping thing down sooner rather than later!
  • Hi, I'm new here too... just started posting today, been lurking the boards for a while. My hubby and I are planning to start TTC in March. I'm excited, nervous, anxious, noticing everything baby that I see... etc. 

Best wishes to you!
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • I may not be as sensitive, but I found my temp was still pretty consistent, even if I had woken up, turned over and gone back to sleep an hour before temping.  We charted to avoid after my first and half the time I was taking my temp while walking to my son's room in the morning because he was screaming.  I was still able to chart successfully and see a clear shift.

All that to say, temping seems really complicated at first and you worry you are going to screw it up, but after you get a month or two of charts under your belt its no big deal.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"