Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Bedtime issues

So DD is 4 1/2 months...the past month bedtime has been a battle. she will fall asleep nursing and go down....30 minutes later she wakes up crying...nothing puts her back to sleep easily...and if she falls asleep she does the wake up thing a few more times...sometimes it will 2 hours up to 3 to get her to stay asleep. Once she is asleep she sleeps hours, but it's the initial getting her down. We tried unswaddling, pacifer, etc....nothing makes it better...........thoughts?  suggestions?  I do nurse her again in case she is hungry after an hour, but still doesn't work....
Thanks for any suggestions?

Re: Bedtime issues

• You've got a good routine down for getting her to bed? Minimal stimulation for LO during nighttime routine - not a lot of talking, low lights, warm temperature, relatively quiet, etc.  Besides that, it might just be the infamous 4 month sleep regression I hear so much about.  I'm no baby whisperer, but even in the hospital atmosphere we have the best luck getting babies to sleep by just going into the room, putting the paci back in, reassuring them with a simple touch, turning down lights and leaving - most I've had to go back into the room is 3-4 times, takes about an hour or two.  Best of luck!
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • We have as much quiet with the routine as possible, but we have a 3 year old and a 6 year old that barge in when daddy isn't home to keep them occupied.  I do jammies, nurse, rock, sing while doing so....i just put paci back in and calm her down, but she's up soon again....this to shall pass
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"