Georgia Babies
Options

midwife & hospital recommendations please

Hi, I'm due in early June & moving from NC to Atlanta in April. I'm obviously anxious to get prenatal care & plans for labour in place well before then. We will be moving to the Inman Park area & are looking for midwife and hospital recommendations. This is my first baby & moving to a new city so late in to the pregnancy isn't ideal. Any recommendations would be massively appreciated. I'm hoping to have as natural a birth as possible. I've read good things about ISIS but it looks like their practice & their hospitals are at the very north of the city. Thanks so much for you help ladies. C

Re: midwife & hospital recommendations please

• Options
    I'm in Candler Park (right next to Inman) and chose to go with Northside Hospital.  It's got a reputation as a "baby factory," but I actually liked that aspect.  They know what they're doing, have seen it all, and are capable of dealing with anything.  Plus, it's next door to CHOA in case you need it.  My SIL gave birth at Atlanta Medical Center (only 5 min away), so I saw that place through her experience and from what I could tell, Northside is much better.  We're also not a fan of Piedmont (still closer than Northside) because of bad experiences with my FIL's care (obviously not maternity related, but not worth being in that environment and the bad memories to us).

When I was pregnant with my first, my company's insurance changed 3 months before I was due.  I had the option to stay with my Dr at the time because I had just hit the 3rd tri, but I went ahead and switched because I wanted to be with the office that would be able to take care of my follow up and future pregnancies.  With all of that being said, I switched to OB/GYN of Atlanta and have had great experiences with them now through both of my pregnancies.  They have a mix of OBs and midwives so you can see who you're most comfortable with (midwife for me).
  • Options
    Hi there, I highly recommend Northside/Northpoint OBGYN (Dr. Lori Marshall is fantastic!) and delivering Northside Hospital. Based on my research, it is a very reputable hospital and has been most recommended to me. Best of luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I use this practice: https://awog.org/about-us/

they are based at Piedmont and came highly recommended!

I think you'll kick yourself if you go with Northside - it is so far away from Inman Park!!  Most of my friends in your area go to Piedmont

• Options
    Thanks very much ladies, really useful info. I'm also looking at Intown Midwives at AMC & North Fulton (Although may be too far a drive, not sure), they seem to be very supportive of natural birthing methods such as water births & the family centred c-section. The search continues!
  • Options
    ccoy said:
    Thanks very much ladies, really useful info. I'm also looking at Intown Midwives at AMC & North Fulton (Although may be too far a drive, not sure), they seem to be very supportive of natural birthing methods such as water births & the family centred c-section. The search continues!
    That's who my SIL used.  She lives in Kennesaw and drove all the way in town for delivery (wanted a home water birth, had to be induced and ended up with a c-section).    If you don't have to actually go to AMC, you'll be good.  AMC is an ok hospital, but is certainly not the best around Atlanta (people getting stabbed outside, *fun*.  While probably one of the better locations to be in if you're gonna get stabbed, probably not the environment you want to have your kid).
  • Options
    Intown Midwifery - they deliver at Atlanta Medical Center.  You could also use Seebaby which delivers at Emory.  AMC does waterbirths.  Very similar to N. Fulton (both are Tenet hospitals). 
  • Options
    Check out See Baby!!! They are amazing and all about the natural birth. Only 3 midwives there and super close to where you are. They deliver at Atlanta Medical Center which also has water birthing rooms available. They also have such a low c-section rate.
  • Options
    I delivered at AMC with Intown Midwifery in 2012 and had a fantastic experience.  The delivery rooms are nice since they were recently redone, but the recovery rooms were a bit run down.  Otherwise the staff was very attentive and supportive of natural birth.

We aren't sure we're going with InTown again for this pregnancy because of recent changes with the practice, so we're also considering SeeBaby which I believe has privileges at AMC as well.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I deliver my first with Atlanta Women's Obgyn AWOG at Piedmont. This time around I'm using Intown at AMC. Intown is very close to Inman park. I live near that area as well. I thought it was going to be sketching bc the hospital isn't in the best location, but after going to their meet and greet I was totally pleased and my mind was at ease. The staff is amazing and the birth rooms are all modern and up to date. They have meet and greets every month. The first Wednesday night if I'm remembering correctly you should check them out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"