LGBT Parenting

New to the bump

I'm new to the bump and my wife and I will be  TTC for the first time come next week. We are both very anxious, excited, nervous and EVERYTHING else in between.
 I feel like I can't figure anything out, I'm probably not being very patient. But I really don't want to quit on this because it seems as if this can be a great support system. Please provide any advice you have.
Also can anyone tell me if eating the core of a pineapple after IUI is successful??? 
I look forward to any and all advice thats shared!!!
imageTrying to Conceive Ticker
Me: 31 DW:30 Together 10 years Married 4/20/10 *First time TTC*
                                                                                         IUI #1 12/21/14-BFN 1/4/15

Re: New to the bump

• Welcome! Good luck! I don't know if eating the pineapple core is the only reason I had success, but I did it with every IUI cycle (days 1-5 dpiui) and ended up with 3 pregnancies, one that was sticky with twins.

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• StacyLH24StacyLH24 member
    edited December 2014

Welcome and good luck!  What are you having trouble figuring out?  I can't comment on the pineapple core...sadly, I'm mildly allergic.  I love pineapple too :(

ETA:  Please join us in the TTC Check In on Mondays and jump in everywhere else as well!

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome!  I've often eaten pineapple while TTC and gotten pregnant a few times. They way I see it - it can't hurt and it's yummy!  

Good luck next week!
  • Welcome! I never tried the pineapple trick. Acupuncture is in my TTC bag of tricks. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome and good luck with this upcoming cycle!

I don't have any first-hand experience with the pineapple trick, but I have heard others here talk about doing it. I also recommend acupuncture -- if nothing else, I found it very relaxing (which surprised me!).

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Thank you for all the well wishes and feedback about pineapples and acupuncture. 
    @StacyLH24- I'm confused about the signature situation How is it created and exactly what it is. I'm assuming it is the information that I am seeing after everyone writes their post???

• Yes, that's correct - it's the info you're seeing at te bottom of all of our posts. It's useful because then we all know some basic TTC/pregnancy/child info about each other. It can be really helpful when new folks join because we can remember where you're at in the process and you can kind of get to know us that way.

On the actual website - go to the upper right corner when you're on the LGBT board. There is a person silhouette there. Click on that - I think it says preferences. That will navigate you to another page and on the left side will be a link for signature settings. Type what you want and just hit save.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Thank you! @StacyLH24
  • Welcome! I'm team pineapple core as well. It has a chemical that helps with implantation. I ate a spear a day from 5dpo with each of my cycles. I also did acupuncture, took baby aspirin (which there are some good studies on helping implantation and reducing early miscarriage), and drank POM juice. Those were my tricks...good luck!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Welcome!
    No pineapple experience here but I had a lot of trouble with siggys too when I first signed up. Now it's pretty easy.
    This board is very helpful. Beware of some of the others :)
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Hello and welcome :-h
  • Thanks @ megd83! 
    We'll be going in for IUI either Saturday or Sunday. I may have to give it a try
    ;)
    Thanks
  • edited December 2014
    Welcome and good luck! I'll be a party pooper and say I don't think the pineapple core or most of the other "tricks" (with the possible exception of acupuncture) make any difference (including, I'm sorry to say, orgasm. It may help sperm get to the uterus if you are TTC via home insemination or sex, but in an IUI the sperm is already where it needs to be.) I diligently ate pineapple core for most of my 9 IUIs - all BFNs. I conceived 3x via IVF with nary a pineapple in sight.

I say this only because I think you can drive yourself crazy trying to have "perfect" cycles where you do everything right, and it can make things more stressful than they already are. The bottom line is that you need good sperm, a good egg, good timing and luck. Eat all the pineapple you want but just don't beat yourself up if you forget to pick some up at the store. Trust me - I had a long ride on the crazy train! :)
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"