Cute!
65% 78 votes
NMS
30% 36 votes
Hate it
4% 5 votes

Re: Whatcha think? Hannah Noel

• Options
    Sorry the Noel is pronounced like the Christmas Noel. Thank you for your input!! Love your Normans by the way!! haha
  • Options
    I prefer your spelling. I think on a girl it would be obviously pronounced like the Christmas song.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love Hannah but Noel is NMS.
  • Options
    Yes, our thoughts on the spelling of her middle name would be as found in the Christmas song "First Noel", which is pronounced like "Noelle". I do see your sides though, I guess I just never thought Noel would be pronounced any differently that "Noelle". A pronunciation like "Knoll" or "Nole" never crossed my mind. Thanks for the input!! :-)
  • Options
    Hannah is cute! Noel/le is nms and I'm not sure I love the flow from -nah to No.
  • Options
    Hannah is fine but nms. I would use the Noelle spelling as well, Ive only known men named Noel (knoll).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hannah Noelle is lovely!
  • Options
    Hannah Noelle is nice.
  • Options
    I agree with everyone, Noelle. I think Hannah Noelle is beautiful.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    (one miscarriage @ 12 weeks)
  • Options
    That is my SIL's name. Today is her b-day. It's a sign. Do it.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses!! We love the name and think it's perfect for our little girl. It's a go!
  • Options
    be888be888 member
    edited December 2014
    If you like it, spell it Noelle. Personally, I'm not crazy about the redondant Hannah Noelle sound. It doesn't have the best flow.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Options
    LOVE Noelle.

Hannah Noelle is nice.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Thanks for all the responses!! We love the name and think it's perfect for our little girl. It's a go!

Are you the one on A15 whose cousin inadvertently stole your baby name? I remember the Hannah Noel from that post. Still think it's lovely.
    imageimage
  • Options
    FWIW, I know a girl named Noel (spelled this way), and she has had some problems with people assuming it is "Nole", but that was a pretty big rarity. I don't think it makes a huge difference in the middle spot either way.
  • Options
    I really like Hannah Noelle, very sweet
  • Options
    dmama0177dmama0177 member
    edited December 2014
     @PinkDahLia44haha yes that is me :-)
  • Options
    I really like both names, but find that it ends up being a lot of n sounds close together. Cute names though

Anniversary

• Options
    Love the name, but I'll be completely honest, spelling it Noel vs. Noelle would make me think you're not very educated/haven't studied a foreign language. Kind of like when people place the accent mark over the second e in a name like Renee. That's just not how it works. As others have said, for the pronunciation you want, especially on a girl, please spell it Noelle. 
  • Options
    Noel (the Christmas kind) is a french masculine word. To make a french word feminine you would add "le." Noel is a boy's name regardless of pronounciation. Noelle is a girl's name.
  • Options
    I'm sorry if you felt we disrespected the French language @Joy2611‌ that was not our intention.
  • Options
    Definitely spell it Noelle.  Hannah Noelle is nice!
  • Options
    I love Hannah. I used to love Noelle, but I now have a bad association with it.
    Started adoption process in Jan. 2011.
    3 failed matches in 2012.
    Surprise pregnancy in Aug. 2012.
    Precious baby boy "HC" born May 2013.
    Began researching EA in 2014.
    No longer pursuing EA due to fibroid complications.
    Officially on the adoption home study wait list.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"