September 2014 Moms
Options

Give me all your Christmas cookies recipes

I'm going to start my Christmas baking this weekend and am looking for some new recipes. What is your favorite cookie recipe?

Re: Give me all your Christmas cookies recipes

• Options
    I made these peppermint white chocolate chip cookies the other day. They didn't turn out as pretty as in the picture (they rarely do...) but damn, they are tasty.

https://www.completelydelicious.com/2013/12/white-chocolate-peppermint-cookies.html

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jht14 said:
    I'm going to start my Christmas baking this weekend and am looking for some new recipes. What is your favorite cookie recipe?
    what do you currently make? i'll go dig mine up, but in the meantime i leave everyone with a simple switch - make peanut butter blossoms with dark chocolate hershey kisses instead of milk chocolate. the difference is epic.

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

• Options
    These are a family favorite.  Don't get turned off by the name or the fact that they have candied cherries.  They are nothing like fruitcake, more like buttery shortbread.  I use half red and half green cherries.

• Options
    @anewadventure‌ I make peanut butter blossoms, sugar cookies, and snickers doodles.

• Options
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    @jht14 i promise i will get back to you. my favorite recipes are like ancient hammies on actual paper. so no convenient links.

in the meantime, ladies, post some mmoar cooookies  :cookie::cookie:

how can a post about treats not get more love? what's with this board ignoring NBR posts? we can't talk about the billionty BF question all the time!

• Options
    These are my absolute favorite make them every year https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/238 this recipe is a little different than the one I use but yummy :)
  • Options
    I haven't made them yet, but I am DYING to. found "white chocolate peanut butter krispies" on pinterest:

https://www.plainchicken.com/2009/12/white-chocolate-peanut-butter-krispies.html?m=1

and my go-to xmas cookie is the good ol' no bake- chocolate, peanut butter, & oatmeal.

• Options
    I use to make these all the time. I'm not sure if you would consider them cookies because you don't have to bake them but nonetheless they're delicious!
    https://www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-billionaires-111031
  • Options
    These are my absolute favorite make them every year https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/238 this recipe is a little different than the one I use but yummy :)
    your link didn't work for me. maybe try updating it or at least provide a description for us?

• Options
    ok, recipe one. my grandfather used to make up a new cookie recipe each year. sometimes they were a disaster and sometimes a big hit. this is one of the favorites.

pumpkin chocolate chip cookies:

1/2 c butter
    1 1/4c granulated sugar
    1 lg egg
    1 c pumpkin puree
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 1/2 c flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt (adjust if you use salted butter)
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 tsp cloves
    1/2 tsp allspice
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 c nuts of choice, optional!
    1 c chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet)

bake at 350 for 15 min or less

standard cookie directions - mix your dry ingredients; mix your wet ingredients, then add the dry ingredients to incorporate. stir in chocolate chips and nuts (if any). bake.

fair warning, the dough can be sticky and a bit of a pain to spoon onto the sheet, and it does not form nice balls. but the end result is bangin' ... OM NOM NOM

• Options
    recipe two: these cookies are such a hit that i get requests for them every year. kind of a pain to make but so delicious.

hazelnut chocolate chip graham cracker cookies
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/pb/recipes/hazelnut-chocolate-chip-graham-cracker-cookies/11100/

some helpful tips from me:

in the regular grocery store you can find the pastilles for the top if you look for ghiradelli brand dark chocolate baking chips.

use a really sharp knife to cut the cookies, preferably a big but thin-bladed one from your carving block

there are two ways to make this - the hard way, where you buy whole unskinned hazelnuts (i find them at trader joes) and then skin them yourself before roasting, makes better cookies but is a complete pain in the ass. the easy way is to buy the pre-chopped hazelnuts from the store (they have skins on too, unfortunately - diamond brand is what i can find) and skip the skinning step. cookies are less good but still quite delicious.

• Options
    ok, last one from me. my grandmother's chocolate pixie recipe. these are great fun if you have kids to help.

apparently the key is to not overcook them. i still haven't learned that myself.

1/4 c butter
    4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate (no. of squares depends on the brand)
    2 c granulated sugar
    4 lg eggs
    1/2 tsp salt (adjust if you use salted butter)
    2 tsp baking powder
    2 c flour
    1/2 c chopped walnuts, optional
    confectioners sugar for rolling

Sift together dry ingredients.
    Melt butter and chocolate over low heat, allow to cool slightly. Mix in sugar, add eggs one at a time until incorporated. Beat one minute. Add dry ingredients and nuts.
    CHILL FOR AT LEAST ONE HOUR.
    Shape into balls of about 1 TBSP and roll in confectioner's sugar.
    Place on greased baking sheets and bake at 300 for 13-15 min.

Hint from me - the dough really does need to be chilled. It is especially helpful to roll out a pan or two at a time and then put the dough back in the fridge if it gets too warm. You will know because it starts sticking to your hands like crazy. It also helps to put some butter on your palms before rolling.

• Options

I couldn't get the link to work either.
  • Options
    paloma760 said:

I haven't made them yet, but I am DYING to. found "white chocolate peanut butter krispies" on pinterest:

https://www.plainchicken.com/2009/12/white-chocolate-peanut-butter-krispies.html?m=1

and my go-to xmas cookie is the good ol' no bake- chocolate, peanut butter, & oatmeal.

These sound great. DH is a Rice Krispies hater unless they the store bought kind. I tried making Nutella Rice Krispies one and he hated them. They were delicious.
  • Options
    anewadventureanewadventure member
    edited December 2014
    jht14 said:
    I haven't made them yet, but I am DYING to. found "white chocolate peanut butter krispies" on pinterest: https://www.plainchicken.com/2009/12/white-chocolate-peanut-butter-krispies.html?m=1 and my go-to xmas cookie is the good ol' no bake- chocolate, peanut butter, & oatmeal.
    These sound great. DH is a Rice Krispies hater unless they the store bought kind. I tried making Nutella Rice Krispies one and he hated them. They were delicious.
    shucks! more for you. :D
    ETA: these new emoticons are creepy.

• Options
    paloma760 said:

I just made these, aaannnnddd...

they're pretty fucking amazing. they're a little crunchy, a little crispy, and SOOO creamy! you BITE into MARSHMALLOWS.

a million times better than a rice krispy treat.

• Options
    Okay, Caramel blossoms changed my life... I still LOVE the PB Blossoms.. but I had to add this to my list after I tried them. 

• Options

Okay, Caramel blossoms changed my life... I still LOVE the PB Blossoms.. but I had to add this to my list after I tried them. 

This sounds great!
  • Options
    So many great ideas! Just in time for my work cookie exchange this week!
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"