Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Does it ever truly get easier?

I'm a FTM and my baby will be 11 weeks old this weekend. Everything I've read and been told says it gets easier once you hit 6 weeks, or 3 months. In some ways the baby has gotten easier, smiles and cooing makes everything better, sleeping longer at night, playing more. But in some ways it has still gotten harder, returning to work, establishing a routine, daytime napping issues. So for STMs or anyone else with an opinion, does it ever truly get easier or do you just get used to it and learn better how to deal with things? If so when does it really get easier?

Re: Does it ever truly get easier?

• @BubblesMartin‌ more sleep would definitely make things easier!
  • I think that as they get older some things get easier while other things get harder. As others have said, more sleep makes everything easier to deal with. I have a 23 month old and a 5 week old. Right now, I would say, despite round the clock feedings every two hours for the little one, the older one is much harder to deal with. The newborn can't talk back yet or throw a tantrum in the middle of a store. He doesn't tear the house apart or refuse to eat what was his favorite food just yesterday. Those toddler hugs and kisses are hard to beat though
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with everyone else but would like to add that you might enjoy certain phases a lot more than others. I wouldn't say parenting my 2 year old is easy by any means, but I enjoy that stage a lot more than the baby stage. 

I think this is a great point. I think the baby stage is tough because it's a lot of work and your baby isn't really fun yet. Smile, snuggly, sweet sure but mostly demanding.

My 2 and 3 yos can be just as demanding but they also are hilarious and fun and loving. I think it gets better at 5 or 6 mos honestly. If I could skip the first 5 mos I would.
  • The first year everything changes so much and so often that every time you get a routine down, it's all new again. The rate of change will get slower and slower and that will definitely make it easier to get routines established. 
  • paloma760paloma760 member
    edited December 2014
    baby j will be 3 months tomorrow and lately I feel like it's gotten tougher!

in the first few weeks, when he cried it was one of three reasons: dirty diaper, hungry, or tired. now, it's a guessing game and half the time he just wants to be cuddled. (that's probably my fault- there were days early on when he spent hours in my arms just because.) and since teething and gassiness/upset stomach has been thrown in the mix... I sometimes want to throw my hands in the air.

I mean, he sleeps through the night now. in that sense, it's easier. am I crazy for sometimes missing our midnight feedings?

friends tell me it gets harder once they become mobile. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • At every age there are different challenges. Molars coming in, potty training, separation anxiety etc. One day they'll be learning how to drive and dating. So yeah. It doesn't get easier you just adapt. And wine. Wine helps.

I tell DH I'll stop worrying when I'm dead ;)
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • My DD is 2 I'm still trying to figure out when it gets easier.
  • I hate this question because the answer is both yes and no... it does get easier, but as they grow you hit bumbs in the road and it becomes difficult again with each stage. I have a 3 year old son and an almost 4 week old baby girl. Im currently potty training still with my son, because of the pregnancy, he relapsed. Relearning baby cries with my daughter and bathing and stuff, because its been so long since having my son. I feel like a FTM again. Just try and keep as posative as you can and enjoy your time with the LO!
  • Lurking here!  I have a 1 year old and while I do agree that there are always new challenges,  i find it much easier now than when DD was a newborn.  She sleeps through the night usually, we don't have feedings every 2 hours, and it made a huge difference at 6 months when she could sit up on her own.  Now I can prop her on the floor with some toys and do the dishes while keeping an eye on her.  Yes, she is starting to throw tantrums, but I don't have to constantly be HOLDING her.  If she's especially difficult one day, we go to the store, she sits in the cart, and we browse around.  I may just be lucky with having a pretty good kid, but I do feel it gets easier with time.  May I add I'm lurking on this board because I'm thinking about trying for a second child and I wanted to be reminded of this stage! :)  Sometimes I think I've mostly just forgotten about HOW hard having an infant can be.

Married June 23, 2012

TTC #1 December 2012
    DD born December 2013 

BFP  January 2015
    Due October 2015

• I find it easier as they get older.  Sure there are new challenges but the older my kids get, the more interesting the become and the more I enjoy their company which makes it easier.  I'm not a fan of the newborn stage at all. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It gets easier in some ways and then more difficult in others.

ds#1 and ds#2 were VERY different babies.  and #3 (although only 5 days old) is different as well, but more similar to #1.

Babies are tough and sometimes it is hard to remember that everything passes.  Since I know this is my last one, I'm trying to appreciate the good with the bad because this is the last time I will ever go through this stage.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"