September 2012 Moms

Wacky Wednesday

Re: Wacky Wednesday

• What do we get SD's boyfriend for Christmas? I have no idea what to buy a 20 year-old guy. We bought him a sweater last year, so I don't want to do that again. Help!
    I would do a gift card. Maybe to a restaurant or trendy clothing store?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited December 2014
    I'm on a 4 hour call for Agile training. They are doing intros for everyone on the call now. I am way inexperienced compared to this people, lol. This should be interesting.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Hey Beebop&Buddy, how long does it take to get Jamberry after I order? I haven't placed an order yet but still thinking about getting some for my nieces and teachers.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:
    Hey Beebop&Buddy, how long does it take to get Jamberry after I order? I haven't placed an order yet but still thinking about getting some for my nieces and teachers.

Today is actually the last day to place an order to guarantee delivery by Christmas.
  • Pretty sure the last party I went to for H's company a glass of wine was $9.
    And I would consider $50 for 2 people to eat and drink and steal.
    Don't worry BPer, apparently I live in your world.

• PenelopePondPenelopePond member
    edited December 2014

8-X
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • melody921 said:

We were SUPPOSED to be leaving for Mexico today for our friends' wedding, but our babysitter (MIL) backed out on us so we had to cancel our trip. Every one of our friends (it seems) is going, so everyone is posting pics of them leaving, and views from their hotel rooms. I'm a Bitter Barbara this morning. 

AWW! This totally sucks! I'm sorry you had to cancel you trip :(

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• melody921 said:
    @bper Tell her that those on a budget should not overindulge on alcohol.  Water is free. 

I'd remove myself from any of the planning.  I don't think you're going to go to dinner anywhere except a diner and get a better deal than that.  The fact that that amount included a full course meal, wine, and tip is amazing. 
    Or tell her she can leave her spouse home, lol.
    @BPer, your office SUCKS and so does that lady...I would tell her to STFU (okay no I wouldn't, but I'd be shooting daggers at her with my eyes!)

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• THT I've been eating awful this pregnancy. I thought after 1st tri it would get better. I'm having such a hard time. So many aversions and no real cravings other than a bagel. I feel like I go to bed hungry every night because I just can't find something to eat. Cereal is normally a go to. I have kept my caffeine under 200mg so I'm proud of that! 

• Also can someone please tell me if I am supposed to address a senator as Mr. Smith or Senator Smith, and a state rep as Mr. Black or Representative Black?  I feel like I would say Senator Smith and Mr. Black, but that seems insulting to not use Mr. uniformly if they are in the same meeting, right? 

WHY AM I STILL CONFUSED ABOUT THIS
    Old school etiquette rule that I find myself following because I work with both PhDs and non PhD instructors--it is NEVER wrong to say Mr. or Ms.  Even for Senators, doctors, etc.  So if you think you might fuck up, just fall back on Mr.  If you can pull out Senator and Representative, go for it, but don't beat yourself up if you use Mr. on either of them.
  • I suck at trying to gif.  Ignore me.  L-)
    LMAO, I was wondering what was up with the skull.

• So a FB friend posted this from a BST site she's on:

Really?

• What do we get SD's boyfriend for Christmas? I have no idea what to buy a 20 year-old guy. We bought him a sweater last year, so I don't want to do that again. Help!
    not sure how much you are looking to spend. I was www.mancrate.com it has some cool things but they over $50...
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    edited December 2014
    hmp1 said:
    Hey Beebop&Buddy, how long does it take to get Jamberry after I order? I haven't placed an order yet but still thinking about getting some for my nieces and teachers.

Today is actually the last day to place an order to guarantee delivery by Christmas.
    I just tried to place an order, at the end after I entered my cc info, the screen said "An application error has occurred. Our Technical team has been notified". Do I need to enter it again? I did take a pretty big pause (10 min?) in entering my cc info.
    ETA: Grr, I think it is my card. I just got a new card and activated it this morning and now it is being declined everywhere. So annoying.
    ETA2: extra Grr, when I called and she looked through the notes that card was compromised (even though it hadn't been used yet) so they sent me out a new one that I now need to find in our huge mail stack. I'm about to say eff my points and use my debit.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Pokedot said:

So a FB friend posted this from a BST site she's on:

Really?

LMAO, so he has a stockpile of these? This entire post is just so klassy.

• Pokedot said:

Really?

:-O Please tell us if anyone responds.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I've seen postive pg tests for sale on craigslist and stuff. I guess it's a thing. maybe I should try and sell some. 
  • I'm just curious as to what they tell them after? Do they say they lied? Do they face a m/c? That would be terrible. 
  • Pokedot said:
    melody921 said:
    I'm munching on veggies and ranch dip.  I've had 3 people come in and take a carrot and/or bell pepper slice.  I'm so confused.  It's not a candy dish I have sitting on my desk......
    Ewww, @tinyhumantoe, that would skeeve me out that someone was touching my food. We used to have a woman in our building who was nicknamed The Crane because she would slink around and steal food. One time, she took half a sandwich off of someone's desk!
    .:dead:.

We were SUPPOSED to be leaving for Mexico today for our friends' wedding, but our babysitter (MIL) backed out on us so we had to cancel our trip. Every one of our friends (it seems) is going, so everyone is posting pics of them leaving, and views from their hotel rooms. I'm a Bitter Barbara this morning. 

Oh sucky. What was her reasoning? I would have ugly cried had my parents backed out on us.
    She works for the state and we elected a new governor, so she is concerned she won't have a job next year. Not *totally* sure how that affects time off for this year, since she loses it at the end of the year if she doesn't take it... but whatevs.

I've decided to bake allofthecookies this afternoon instead! 
  • I have the opportunity to purchase a really nice car from my boss. I have to make a decision and the decision is mine to make since it's my vehicle. I have no idea what to do. 

I want to get rid of my jeep. 1. It's so slow. slowest vehicle I've ever owned. Ever. 2. I'm tired of zipper windows. Makes drive throughs such a pain. 3. It's the most unsafe vehicle on the road. So I'd like to get something different. 

I was thinking of finding something with a 3rd row but I don't need a 3rd row right now. I don't know if we will have a 3rd. And who knows when that will be. I don't think I need to think that far ahead. I just want something that is pretty equal in value to my jeep that is nicer. 

This car is beautiful. Probably $2-4k more than my jeep. We have the cash. But I feel like I don't need something so nice. Maybe I should spend the same amount and get something less fancy....It's a great car though. Cheaper maintenance than the jeep. I feel like It's a no brainer but I hate making these decisions.  

S12 make the decision for me please. 
  • Pokedot said:

Really?

:-O Please tell us if anyone responds.
    $20?!?! Good lawd! 
  • @tyrannosaurusjess Did she just tell you today?
  • Pokedot said:
    melody921 said:
    I'm munching on veggies and ranch dip.  I've had 3 people come in and take a carrot and/or bell pepper slice.  I'm so confused.  It's not a candy dish I have sitting on my desk......
    Ewww, @tinyhumantoe, that would skeeve me out that someone was touching my food. We used to have a woman in our building who was nicknamed The Crane because she would slink around and steal food. One time, she took half a sandwich off of someone's desk!
    .:dead:.

Oh sucky. What was her reasoning? I would have ugly cried had my parents backed out on us.
    She works for the state and we elected a new governor, so she is concerned she won't have a job next year. Not *totally* sure how that affects time off for this year, since she loses it at the end of the year if she doesn't take it... but whatevs.

I've decided to bake allofthecookies this afternoon instead! 
    That really sucks! You can't find someone else and just switch your flight? 

• MRoxy0628 said:
    @tyrannosaurusjess Did she just tell you today?
    No, she told us right after the elections. I'm just super salty about it today because it's the day we should've left. We tried to find someone else, but most of our 'date night' sitters are high schoolers, so they were out, and we don't have a ton of family here, so our options 'people we are cool with leaving our kids with for 3 days [ILs would've still taken them for the weekend]) were limited. 
  • MRoxy0628 said:
    @tyrannosaurusjess Did she just tell you today?
    No, she told us right after the elections. I'm just super salty about it today because it's the day we should've left. We tried to find someone else, but most of our 'date night' sitters are high schoolers, so they were out, and we don't have a ton of family here, so our options 'people we are cool with leaving our kids with for 3 days [ILs would've still taken them for the weekend]) were limited.

STUCK:

Gotcha!  I understand why you're bummed, that would make me sad/mad too!
  • @redneckmomma25, get the car.  In a few years if you need to get something bigger due to maybe having #3, the resale value will be better than something cheaper.

Plus, you deserve nice things. :-)
    I seriously feel guilt over nice things. Like, I don't need nice. I just need function. I don't drive a ton. This car is so pretty. It's still a 2008. So older. But it's an infiniti so Nissan which is a great car. Gah! They have a great all wheel drive system. 

I still feel guilty over this dishwasher that is oh so beautiful. 

• edited December 2014
    sorry for 89 posts in a row...

@PenelopePond yay for you!!! I am terrified of the day my kids bring home math homework above a 7th grade level... thank god for the internet! But, bummer about Ethan. Hope he feels better soon :(

and to everyone who offered to watch my kids... I would be lying if I didn't say that 1% of me considered resorting to a  'who wants to hang out with my super cute kids for a few days?' post lol. The resort is adults only, otherwise we might have brought them and just brought along my brother or something as our nanny but meh. 

I went to my oldest son's holiday program last night, and one of the little boys was wearing a sweater that said 'Merry F&@#(% Christmas'.... it had the symbols, not the actual letters. I feel like that *may* have not been the best choice of outfit, but it did kind of make me laugh. Also, I watched two women get into a legit fight over the reserved seating... like, hair pulling and such. 

ETA @redneckmomma25 do it!!! It sounds like a wonderful deal. 

• hmp1 said:
    hmp1 said:

I just tried to place an order, at the end after I entered my cc info, the screen said "An application error has occurred. Our Technical team has been notified". Do I need to enter it again? I did take a pretty big pause (10 min?) in entering my cc info.
    ETA: Grr, I think it is my card. I just got a new card and activated it this morning and now it is being declined everywhere. So annoying.
    ETA2: extra Grr, when I called and she looked through the notes that card was compromised (even though it hadn't been used yet) so they sent me out a new one that I now need to find in our huge mail stack. I'm about to say eff my points and use my debit.

Yuck, I hate when stuff that happens. It always seems to be at a time that I need my card the most like a holiday or birthday. If I can help you with your order, just let me know.
  • Is there somewhere I can look up good carseats for a certain car? It looks like it has more room in the backseat than the jeep. latch on either side. Center does not look condusive for a car seat. 
  • I have the opportunity to purchase a really nice car from my boss. I have to make a decision and the decision is mine to make since it's my vehicle. I have no idea what to do. 

I want to get rid of my jeep. 1. It's so slow. slowest vehicle I've ever owned. Ever. 2. I'm tired of zipper windows. Makes drive throughs such a pain. 3. It's the most unsafe vehicle on the road. So I'd like to get something different. 

I was thinking of finding something with a 3rd row but I don't need a 3rd row right now. I don't know if we will have a 3rd. And who knows when that will be. I don't think I need to think that far ahead. I just want something that is pretty equal in value to my jeep that is nicer. 

This car is beautiful. Probably $2-4k more than my jeep. We have the cash. But I feel like I don't need something so nice. Maybe I should spend the same amount and get something less fancy....It's a great car though. Cheaper maintenance than the jeep. I feel like It's a no brainer but I hate making these decisions.  

S12 make the decision for me please. 
    So, what kind of car is it?

• It's a 2008 Infiniti M35X. 90k miles on it. All wheel drive. White. It's beautiful. 
  • @redneckmomma25, get the car.  In a few years if you need to get something bigger due to maybe having #3, the resale value will be better than something cheaper.

Plus, you deserve nice things. :-)
    All of this. Buy the car. If you can afford it, and it's what you need, it's a good purchase.

• Our rep from a cable company that we purchased quite a bit of TV advertising through recently just showed up at the office with a giant gift basket of snacks and a bottle of wine. The snacks are already being devoured by everyone in our department, but what would you do with the wine? Give it to my colleague who worked with me on the project the advertising is for? See if the department wants to raffle it at our holiday luncheon? Take the bottle and run home? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"