1st Trimester

Ginger pills

so I have been having horrible morning sickness. I basically can only eat between the hours of 12-2pm. Before and after that I'm nauseous, dry heaving, or some cases vomiting. My mother said ginger pills might help. Has anyone tried them? What was the results?

Re: Ginger pills

• Ginger tea (straight up) like this:

Or peppermint tea:

Sour Jolly Ranchers helped me & altoids pure peppermint.

Good luck!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Has anyone else heard that ginger can cause m/c? Because I just read that somewhere else on TB the other day. It seems the interwebz agrees because a quick Google search brought up a bunch of ginger home remedies for causing m/c. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Has anyone else heard that ginger can cause m/c? Because I just read that somewhere else on TB the other day. It seems the interwebz agrees because a quick Google search brought up a bunch of ginger home remedies for causing m/c. 
    No. 

No. That's ridiculous.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Ginger tea or ginger ale.  I have not had morning sickness....yet, but my Dr said it really helped his wife during both her pregnancies.

No. That's ridiculous.
    "But pregnant women should be careful with ginger. Some experts worry that it could raise the risk of miscarriage, especially in high doses." 
    https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/ginger-uses-and-risks

Those crazy experts...pffft...yeah...ridiculous.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @SissyKate21‌ try talking to your OB about this. I read the same about Ginger tea but got the okay from my dr. It is perfectly safe, but of course it is your choice. I read/was told Tylenol is safe but I choose not to take it.

Everyone is different but as long as you consult with your dr before believing everything you read on the internet, you will be able to make better, educated choices.
  • I drank
    Loads of ginger tea took ginger pills and ate ginger candy.
    No. That's ridiculous.
    "But pregnant women should be careful with ginger. Some experts worry that it could raise the risk of miscarriage, especially in high doses." 
    https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/ginger-uses-and-risks

Those crazy experts...pffft...yeah...ridiculous.
    Oh. WebMD. Must be legit.  8-|
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • I use powdered ginger found in the spices section from the grocery store. I use about a 1/4 of a tsp in decaf tea. It's gritty and awful but does the trick.
  • Haribo ginger lemon gummies have helped me. The only thing my doc said to stay away from is cinnamon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"