September 2012 Moms
Options

The plane that crashed into a home yesterday

You all may have seen this on the news yesterday. A small plane crashed into a home in Maryland, killing a mom & her two babies. The mother was actually a long-time NJ Nestie (moved to MD a few yrs ago). While we have since moved our group from thenest to ProBoards, we are all still very active & Marie was party of our "family". Most of us go back 10+ years. Some ladies were talking to her on FB just a half hour before the plane crashed. We are all feeling the loss right now.

I just wanted to share the gofundme page that has been set up for her family, in case anyone feels inclined to make a donation. If not, please consider saying a prayer, or just sending vibes to her family. She is survived by her husband & older daughter, who was at school at the time.

This is the news story:

This is the gofundme page:

Thanks for reading

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The plane that crashed into a home yesterday

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Her family is in my prayers and thoughts.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited December 2014
    :( Oh my goodness, that is just so sad.  I'm sorry for your loss.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss @bosha711
  • Options
    I heard about this on the news last night and cried for that poor family. I'm so so sorry for your loss, it's just heartbreaking.

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    OMG, how horrible. I read about this yesterday. So sorry for your loss. Her poor family.

• Options
    I saw this on the Today show today. I'm so sorry for your loss. Her family and you are my T & P's. Such a tragedy.

• Options
    Thanks, ladies. The outpouring of love for Marie is a testament to the good that can come out of these message boards. While we rarely meet IRL, we are together everyday for years & really get to know one another, for better or for worse!

• Options
    Wow--what a horrible thing!  Thanks for posting this & I'm sorry for your loss.  

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    That is so horrible and tragic!  Prayers for the father and daughter and your group.  We've only been together three years and I can't imagine if something happened!  Praying for all of you!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Such a tragedy for everyone involved.

Anniversary

• Options
    kelbel527kelbel527 member
    edited December 2014
    :(  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Sending many prayers for her family & friends left behind.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    That is really terrible. I'm sorry for your loss.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    What a terrible tragedy, my thoughts are with her family and your group.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Also thoughts and prayers to her family during this time! This is just heartbreaking
  • Options
    How horrifying. Many hugs to you all

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    I read about this yesterday. I find myself irrationally angry at the pilots in these situations. I know that their families have experienced losses too, but the frequency of small plane crashes makes me wonder about the safety and regulation of the practice. Just last year in Connecticut, a Microsoft executive crashed his plane into a house, killing two young children while their single mom was in the house. I really ache for these families and what it must be like for the survivors. You feel so safe in your own home, and then this. It's just unimaginably tragic.
  • Options
    And sorry bosha711 for your loss. I can't even imagine.
  • Options
    This absolutely breaks my heart. I am so sorry for your loss.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    eshee8198 said:

I read about this yesterday. I find myself irrationally angry at the pilots in these situations. I know that their families have experienced losses too, but the frequency of small plane crashes makes me wonder about the safety and regulation of the practice. Just last year in Connecticut, a Microsoft executive crashed his plane into a house, killing two young children while their single mom was in the house. I really ache for these families and what it must be like for the survivors. You feel so safe in your own home, and then this. It's just unimaginably tragic.

I agree! And in this particular case, the pilot had a crash just a few years ago, leaving the same airport, but walked away. And then he does this. It's maddening.

• Options
    The amount of money that has been raised in the short amount of time is just heartwarming. Praying for peace and comfort. Such a huge tragedy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"