Cloth Diapering

NCDR Collections

edited December 2014 in Cloth Diapering
I should be cleaning while LO naps, but here I am bumping away. I'm nosy and wondering what kind of collections people have like @theultimatesak‌'s shot glasses. I collect Starbucks city/country mugs. I bought my first one in Chicago in 1999, and my most recent was from when my MIL went to the Netherlands in October. (Hoping I don't get flamed for plopping myself down uninvited @ the cool kids' lunch table).

ETA: Collections besides CDs ;)

Re: NCDR Collections

• Loading the player...
  • No one will ever flame you for an NCDR thread here.  Trust ;)

I am boring and collect books.  I realized I collect them when I recently had to pack them in boxes and move with them. Until then, I just thought I liked reading.
    Thanks :) Books are not boring! MH and I are the readers in our family. His mentor has a first edition of Huckleberry Finn. That's a collector!
  • I love anything horse. A la the Dodgeball unicorns

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TJ1979 said:

Dust.

My LLOL of the day!
  • sarenu1 said:

Craft projects. I have tons of things half finished.

This is me as well. I have a craft room and it is overflowing! I particularly like stamping/card making and sewing.
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Quilting fabric and random craft projects. We also collect Christmas ornaments from everywhere we go :)
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• MapleMommaMapleMomma member
    edited December 2014
    Ooh I forgot - I buy a new coffee mug or travel mug every where I go!

edit- spelling is hard while driving...
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I never pictured you with a T-shirt collection, @CLLDLL!  Cool beans.
  • Photographs. Thousands of photographs that will hopefully get printed one of these days (not all of them of course).

I had a rock collection when I was younger and still have my basketball card collection somewhere. I would love a book collection aka library, I love books. We have a lot, but not enough.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • km_mdkm_md member
    edited December 2014
    Yeah I never was cool or popular but I collect a few things.

I have a lot of craft stuff but it does get used so I'm not sure if that counts.

I have tons of books and my next house will have some type of library room/area to accommodate them.

I also collect Barbie dolls. My grandma started buying my cousins and I the collectors Christmas dolls every year until she passed away and my mom has continued the tradition. I have every Christmas one ever made.

And I guess you could say I collect disney stuff. I don't collect it on purpose but after a bunch of vacations there and a lifelong love, you start to accumulate stuff. (Mugs, Tshirts, ornaments for my Christmas tree).

... And this thread makes me look like a pack rat.

Mapleme said:

I'm sooo not a collector. Every once in a while I try and quickly get bored. I like things that are useful aka food and diapers.

My brother gets me city mugs from all over the country while ragging on me about my collection. I tell him it is useful since we drink from them everyday LOL.
  • I'm also a book hoarder, I mean collector. I also have tons of book paraphernalia, like signed bookmarks, bumper stickers and other random miscellaneous bookish stuff. I'm a bit of a book nerd.

• Moving as much as we do, it's hard to justify collecting anything. I had a small orchid collection a few years back, but it only survived 5 moves. I love indoor plants, but it's another thing to worry about when we move, especially when I had a few things that were a bit unusual or exotic.

I have a bit of a yarn stash but I'm currently not allowing myself to acquire anything new unless it's for a specific project.  Here's my 2013 stash pic. I don't think I completed anything last year so I never got around to doing a 2014.

• ovenrack said:
    I've got 34 houseplants, at the moment.  

Which is really quite impressive considering I inherited 25 from my mother last spring, and finally had to make some decisions a couple months ago when I had to bring them (and my own 32) inside.  I had never before composted a houseplant.

Yes, I put them out labeled "free" in front of my house, and gave every friend and enemy a houseplant, as well.
    I have two house plants.  My Ivy has survived several resurrections.  And my Mother In Law Tongue has survived being dumped by cats about a dozen times.  

My plants will probably take over the world.
  • Jane, I love that you collect vintage tea cups and saucers! I'd love to see a picture if you are comfortable sharing :)

• unaveragejaneunaveragejane member
    edited December 2014
    I have a tiny china cabinet...really an old pie safe...so my collection is quite small. I will try to take a pic of the tea cups and post it later.

Speaking of...does anyone have a better site than TinyPic to use for uploading pictures? It has not been my friend lately.

• I have a tiny china cabinet...really an old pie safe...so my collection is quite small. I will try to take a pic of the tea cups and post it later.

Speaking of...does anyone have a better site than TinyPic to use for uploading pictures? It has not been my friend lately.
    If they're on your computer, you can choose "Attach a file" at the bottom of where you're posting and pick them from there.
  • Same on cell phone, I they are saved on your phone.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"