Baby Showers
Options

Questions about nonexistent shower?

I've just entered the third trimester with my second and I've recently begun receiving questions from friends and acquaintances wanting to know if there is a shower for me coming up. It's been six years since I was last pregnant so maybe etiquette has changed since then, but I've never heard of going to the mother-to-be to get information about whether or not there is a shower in the near future. I didn't throw my own for my first child and haven't considered one this time around since I've had a lot of luck with really kind people offering to give me their hand-me-downs and we already have all of the big items that we bought ourselves the first time around. So my question is a bit of a two-parter: 
1. Is this normal to be approached by others wanting information or invitations for a shower that isn't happening?
and 2. What is the polite way to respond? 

Re: Questions about nonexistent shower?

• Options
    Joy2611 said:
    1. Yes.  Of course.  Mothers to be don't throw their own showers, but many of them know about showers in advance.  Not all showers are surprises.  Also, while I'm close with many of my friends, I am not close with their parents, siblings, and other friends.  How would I find out about a shower if I don't know those people?  I'd ask the mother to be, obviously.

2. "Thank you, but I won't be having a shower."

Showers are for first time moms.

Yup. All of this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"