Chit Chat
Options

In the news/race -mini rant-

This post is ' IN MY OPINION ' kind of view so if you don't like it move on.. if you have an opinion to share please do but keep your nasty comments to your self...

So it seems the news now a days are about these 'black men' being wronged by the police but how about all the black men that kill other black men and black men that kill white cops.. why aren't these instances in the news how about all the white cops that kill white men? why are these stories not as important and what about every other race?!? It just seem cops are being prosecuted for doing their jobs or even making mistakes they are people just like you and me and they will sometimes mess up but since that mistake is with a black person then its the end of the world. Honestly I feel like the race situation is being made a stronger issue because we choose to identify this way and if you are born in American and you live in American then you are American.. don't get me wrong I am all for being proud of your roots but don't make it seem like that is all you are.. for example I am Hispanic born in Venezuela with both parents born there and all my family and still I was raised in America so I identify myself as such I am American yet I am from somewhere else.. what truly bothers me is the whole African American 'tittle' I am sorry but just because your black it does not make you African specially if you were born in AMERICA and your parents were too and your grandparents as well that just makes you a black American .. that's it ..

But back to the topic in the news this is all bullshit where's the news about the countless solders being sent and injured so that we could have our freedoms here? and even if you don't support the army remember that this are the brave souls fighting for you to have those 'free' opinions...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

imageimage

Re: In the news/race -mini rant-

• Options
    14whitney said:
    estefyp4 said:

This post is ' IN MY OPINION ' kind of view so if you don't like it move on.. if you have an opinion to share please do but keep your nasty comments to your self...

So it seems the news now a days are about these 'black men' being wronged by the police but how about all the black men that kill other black men and black men that kill white cops.. why aren't these instances in the news how about all the white cops that kill white men? why are these stories not as important and what about every other race?!? It just seem cops are being prosecuted for doing their jobs or even making mistakes they are people just like you and me and they will sometimes mess up but since that mistake is with a black person then its the end of the world. Honestly I feel like the race situation is being made a stronger issue because we choose to identify this way and if you are born in American and you live in American then you are American.. don't get me wrong I am all for being proud of your roots but don't make it seem like that is all you are.. for example I am Hispanic born in Venezuela with both parents born there and all my family and still I was raised in America so I identify myself as such I am American yet I am from somewhere else.. what truly bothers me is the whole African American 'tittle' I am sorry but just because your black it does not make you African specially if you were born in AMERICA and your parents were too and your grandparents as well that just makes you a black American .. that's it ..

But back to the topic in the news this is all bullshit where's the news about the countless solders being sent and injured so that we could have our freedoms here? and even if you don't support the army remember that this are the brave souls fighting for you to have those 'free' opinions...

Lol. 

I can have an opinion, but only if it's just like yours? Do you live in a bubble?
    That is not what I said.. you could have your opinion whatever it may be .. what I expect is people not to be offensive in responding or contributing to the discussion.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

imageimage

• Options
    jfresh said:

estefyp4 said:

14whitney said:

estefyp4 said:

Lol. 

I can have an opinion, but only if it's just like yours? Do you live in a bubble?

That is not what I said.. you could have your opinion whatever it may be .. what I expect is people not to be offensive in responding or contributing to the discussion.

And what if a person found your original post offensive?

We should be able to hold a discussion over a subject which we might have different views on!! How it came across was if your opinions differ to mine I don't want to hear them!! The bump is great to be able to talk to people from around the world about things that are happening as well as babies and pregnancy....but you don't start any post the way you have, you are bound to get people's backs up just with the first sentence you wrote! If you don't want to hear people views good or bad then don't post something on the Internet!!!!
  • Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"