1st Trimester
Options

Tight pants

Anyone else getting bigger or feeling uncomfortable in regular clothes? By the end of each day I feel like I'm going to bust out of my pants. Cramping, bloating, and gained a few pounds probably. I feel like it's too soon..
JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

Re: Tight pants

• Options
    @jamizipp I'm 6 weeks 4 days and by the end of the day, I too feel like my pants are tight.  So your not the only one! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm 6 weeks and 4 days too...supposedly! haha. I'm also 5'1, so I show way earlier. Belly pics?
    JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm nearly 9 weeks, and i told my husband i need more sweatpants to wear.
    I'm also finding that im wearing a lot of his shirts now, because mine are too tight.
    Looks like i'll be shopping for maternity clothes sooner rather then later
  • Options
    I've been wearing maternity pants since they arrived last week. I'm 9 weeks now. Do it, the comfort level is incredible! Only issue is it doesn't hold in the bloat as well, but for the comfort I'll take it! Makes me worry I won't want to go back to regular pants after I give birth.
  • Options
    I was able to wear my regular shirts for quite a while but gave up on my regular pants at about 8 weeks. Why be uncomfortable when you don't need to be? I typically prefer skinny jeans so the bloat made them not fit properly very quickly. Maternity pants are awesome, you won't regret it.

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm just under 8 weeks and definitely not showing but my pants are fitting tight in the waistline, I think mostly because I've been really constipated. (On supplemental progesterone which makes it worse.) There's no visible difference but I'll probably switch to maternity jeans early just for comfort's sake even though it's just a "bloat bump," I already have to undo the button when I'm sitting in the car for very long.
  • Options
    I went out and bought pants the next size up because I was desperate earlier this week. I'm only 6 weeks
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

• Options
    I bought maternity pants at eight weeks.  Really, there's no reason to feel uncomfortable all day just to continue wearing your regular pants for a few more weeks.  Leggings with dresses or long shirts/tunics are also wonderful.
  • Options
    I bought a belly band at 7weeks for my jeans cause I couldn't do it anymore. New York & co has great pull on dress pants that are as close to sweats as you'll get for work.

BabyFetus Ticker 
    Little dude will be here before we know it!

• Options

I put off buying maternity pants until 12-13 weeks.  I wish I'd bought them sooner.  I'd come home at the end of the day and there would be red marks from my zipper and buttons.  I thought you had to reach some type of milestone before it became acceptable to start wearing them but I didn't know any better.

Give in and buy maternity pants now.  They're so amazingly comfortable I may just keep wearing them after my pregnancy is over!

• Options
    I am 9 weeks and had to buy maternity jeans last weekend.  I can still get into my regular jeans but like the others said, it is just not comfortable.  Even though I am not "showing" my body is very different now.  I am worried about buying maternity pants online.  Where can I try on maternity clothes?
  • Options
    JC Penny, Macy's, Kohls, Maternity stores..
    JULY 2015 BABY

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    Old Navy was having a great sale so we thought we'd go get some maternity jeans even though I was only at 10 weeks. Wow if they aren't the most comfortable thing I have EVER worn. They are WAY more comfortable than regular pants. I had been going the rubber band/band band route but since I bought the maternity pants I haven't looked back. Give in the pants! You won't regret it!

Me: 30, DH: 30

Married since December 17, 2011

2004: Began taking BCP
    7/2013: Off BCP, TTC
    7/2014 - now: Irregular cycles, entirely too many BFNs
    8/2014: Bloodwork and PCOS diagnosis from OB
    Now: Lifestyle changes and finding RE
    10/2014: VERY unexpected BFP!!!

• Options
    Old Navy is having 40% off until 12/9. Stock up on some comfy sweats & maternity gear NOW.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    Bought a belly band as soon as I found out (no shame). Also bought some Maternity gear on Black Friday... still no shame. 

I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. 

The bloat is for real! 

***Trigger Warning: Living and loss mentioned***

First TTC Journey: 

- Failed attempts at clomid with OB
    - HSG with OB, nothing found
    - Met with RE. Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy done on 08/04/2014. Results: Hymenal stenosis, minimal endometriosis, and PCOS
    BFP #1: 11/26/2014, IT'S A BOY!
  • Options
    I'm not to the point where I think I'm going to need comfy pants yet, but I suspect it's just around the corner.  I love Old Navy's Tall stuff.  I'm 5'10", and skinny in an athletic way, so it's hard to find pants long enough or long sleeved shirts.  Does anyone know if the Old Navy Mat clothes are long/tall?

• Options
    Yup! That's me! My pants dont even button anymore.....its become ridiculous! This is my 4th child so I know I will be showing quick with this one also I am very thin as well, it''s become quite annoying for me :/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like a huge fat ass. My pants are all tight in my stomach, I've definitely been eating more and slightly less healthy than usual. Although I am not sick, I do have severe meat and salad aversions currently. Which were my staples. My only saving grace is that I'm still spinning and weight training 4x a week.
  • Options
    taahira said:

No need to suffer, hit the maternity pants. The relief is amazing.

Truth. So much truth.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I am just joining the first trimester club again as this is our second child - and this time around feeling way more "fluffy" around the middle earlier on - its awful! lol

• Options
    Bloating.... check!
    Tits huge.... Check!
    Pooping to relieve bloating... check!
    Mad because my skinny jeans don't fit because I didn't poop enough... triple check!

Lol I know I don't have a bump yet but lordy I feel gasey in all the wrong places. My poor husband is the one receiving the Dutch ovens now. Payback is a beeeotch ;) but ladies you are not alone in the "can't I just wear yoga pants to work?" strugle. Been like that the past 3 days.
  • Options
    YES.  and I am only at 4 weeks!!  I had to unbutton my jeans yesterday on the car ride home.  I siwtched to jeans with stetch in them and am much more comfortable today
  • Options
    Here's a lovely trick for those thrifty ladies who want to hold out a bit longer before dropping coin on (imminently necessary) maternity clothing. Beware: if you have to pee fast, you're going to be in a world of hurt. 
    button trick photo BinderTrick_zps716ac96c.jpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm just going to drop this here ;) This is all I can think of when I hear/see, "Tight Pants"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLUvOtqTmYM
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 7+4 and definitely feel like I'm gaining a few lbs. Jeans are tighter so maternity pants will be my next purchase!!! All part of the process...I suppose we should embrace it, there is a baby growing inside of us....at the end of the day bloat or no bloat we are incredible
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"