Babies: 0 - 3 Months

soothing techniques

I can't seem to calm my 3 week son down. Everyone else talks to him& he quiets down but me he just looks& yells louder. Does this mean there is a problem with us bonding. Anyone got any techniques that work for their children?

Re: soothing techniques

• My DH wears DD when he goes for a walk. DD will usually sleep the entire time. She'll usually sleep on car rides too unless she is hungry (then she screams).
  • DH does this thing where he holds DS upright and bounces him gently but quickly - almost like vibrating. Seems to be the only thing that soothed him during his colic episodes 100% of the time.

• Loading the player...
  • I would wear DD in the boba wrap. The backpack didn't work as well because she wasn't close enough to my skin. I also agree with the PP that the happiest baby on the block technique worked for us. Also, if you sang to baby while he was still in the womb, I've noticed the song I sang to my belly helps calm DD pretty quickly.
  • Another vote for baby wearing. I use a Boba wrap but will also just hold her and rock and dance with her to calm her down. Another things that's working for me as of today is to run a vacuum cleaner. She was fussy this morning and stopped immediately once I turned it on.
  • has anyone suggested skin-to-skin yet?

take off your shirt & bra, take off his shirt/onsie, and cuddle him on your chest.

if you're stressed, your son will also be stressed. if it helps you to relax, soak in a warm bath and do skin-to-skin there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No. He's just three weeks old and pissed as hell to be out of the womb.

Try wearing him in a wrap. I used to sing and dance with my son. The jostling helps.
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"