Baby Showers

Feeling unfair about baby shower ettiquite.

124»

Re: Feeling unfair about baby shower ettiquite.

• What babies! If you don't want to
    Donate bring a gift or a card instead, this isn't rocket science. I agree about not donating to certain charities but it's your choice if you donate or not, no need to get your panties twisted Over a hypothetical event.
  • Mamamads said:

What babies! If you don't want to
    Donate bring a gift or a card instead, this isn't rocket science. I agree about not donating to certain charities but it's your choice if you donate or not, no need to get your panties twisted Over a hypothetical event.

Almost every post I see from you is one where you get yourself all worked up over what others have said. It's like you go out of your way to ornery and contrary for no reason. You're the only one with twisted panties that I've seen.
    Nope. I said I liked someones suggestion about the donation Vs. A gift and then people got all butt hurt... A charity ?! The horror!!! I think you all need to not take shit so seriously especially parties, what a joy you must be irl.

And @Andindria‌ lol to referring to "baby" as name calling.
  • Loading the player...

• Mamamads said:

Seems to me that the only twisted panties around here are yours.  You want to be tacky as fuck in real life?  No skin off my nose.  I'm just glad I don't know people like you in my real life.

Umm Ya I never remember saying this was something I was doing, it was a suggestion for op from someone else. You can hardly tell how I am irl based on this one opinion so chill.
  • Mamamads said:

Mamamads said:

Almost every post I see from you is one where you get yourself all worked up over what others have said. It's like you go out of your way to ornery and contrary for no reason. You're the only one with twisted panties that I've seen.
    Nope. I said I liked someones suggestion about the donation Vs. A gift and then people got all butt hurt... A charity ?! The horror!!! I think you all need to not take shit so seriously especially parties, what a joy you must be irl.

You make no sense. This is the BABY SHOWERS board. You know, where people discuss baby showers and etiquette. Heaven forbid we actually care about how to do things the right way. A baby shower isn't just a party, it's a gift giving event that comes with certain expectations. Nobody is worked up about anything, everyone gives their opinions on the post and the comments. If you don't like the comments or the tone of the board, might I suggest you stay away?

I lurk everywhere and like I said before, your panties must be seriously knotted to have to go around acting like a butt-hurt WK in every thread you comment on.
    That goes both ways, I can comment and give my opinion as well. And in this case my opinion is that I agree with someones suggestion of what went from a baby shower to a regular old party doing optional charity donations in lieu of gifts especially if it supports a military charity which would mean somethig to op. I gave my opinion and defended my opinion when some ppl got all bent outta shape, that isn't white knighting nor do I wk in "every" thread but thanks for tracking my bump history, I feel so special.
  • Mamamads said:

Mamamads said:

Mamamads said:

You make no sense. This is the BABY SHOWERS board. You know, where people discuss baby showers and etiquette. Heaven forbid we actually care about how to do things the right way. A baby shower isn't just a party, it's a gift giving event that comes with certain expectations. Nobody is worked up about anything, everyone gives their opinions on the post and the comments. If you don't like the comments or the tone of the board, might I suggest you stay away?

I lurk everywhere and like I said before, your panties must be seriously knotted to have to go around acting like a butt-hurt WK in every thread you comment on.
    That goes both ways, I can comment and give my opinion as well. And in this case my opinion is that I agree with someones suggestion of what went from a baby shower to a regular old party doing optional charity donations in lieu of gifts especially if it supports a military charity which would mean somethig to op. I gave my opinion and defended my opinion when some ppl got all bent outta shape, that isn't white knighting nor do I wk in "every" thread but thanks for tracking my bump history, I feel so special.
    Actually I usually Bump from mobile, so I can't see your post history right now. It's just that your pattern of posting unnecessary high horsed comments becomes very apparent after a while.

If you like being tacky, then goodie for you. Instead you get mad because others don't actually like being a walking tack-fest. Sue us.
    What is high horsed about agreeing with someone's suggestion? I didn't come on this thread to say something negative..Im pretty sure you just jumped in and didn't even read the conversation. And again this is nothing I am doing so calling me tacky makes zero sense but whatever keeps you feeling superior. (Thumbs up to you)

• This thread needs to die a fiery death as it is going in circles and I'm faily sure OP hasn't been back in sometime.
    Thing we have learned from this thread:
    1. It is poor etiquette to through your own baby shower, no matter your excuse or how many times you stomp you feet.
    2. WK will always fail with logic.
    3. No matter what the "norm" (so they say) is in a persons group they still argue that etiquette is opinion rather than fact.
    The rest is just jumbled bs where tackless women try, very poorly, to defend themselves.

THIS. Especially for our current high horsed WK.
    If you are referring to me then you don't even know what a white knight is. How dense are you? And yes let's make a thread die by continuing to post. Oye
  • Mamamads said:

This thread needs to die a fiery death as it is going in circles and I'm faily sure OP hasn't been back in sometime.
    Thing we have learned from this thread:
    1. It is poor etiquette to through your own baby shower, no matter your excuse or how many times you stomp you feet.
    2. WK will always fail with logic.
    3. No matter what the "norm" (so they say) is in a persons group they still argue that etiquette is opinion rather than fact.
    The rest is just jumbled bs where tackless women try, very poorly, to defend themselves.

THIS. Especially for our current high horsed WK.
    If you are referring to me then you don't even know what a white knight is. How dense are you? And yes let's make a thread die by continuing to post. Oye
    You don't know what a WK is yet you call me dense. Lol, right.

FYI, your incessant need to make some idiotic remark about how people comment on posts makes you a WK. Your defense of the illogical and tacky makes you a WK. Thinking you will change the tone around here makes you a WK. Any other dumb questions?

Dude re read the Fucking thread for the love of God.You are dense because you have no clue what you are talking about. I agreed with someone's suggestion, I didn't come on here saying "you guys are a bunch of big meanies" although most could take a class in how to get your points across like big girls without belittling people. (But everyone knows this about this board) For the record I liked the idea of a charity because the party on this thread was no longer a shower and she mentioned people moving away due to being in the military so I thought that a military charity was fitting. I don't condone second showers, throwing your own shower and the new trend of "gender reveals" makes me want to puke. I don't even like weddings or disgusting cheesy baby announcements, So why don't you settle the fuck down before acting like you know anything about me based on my opinion on one thing on one thread.
  • MamamadsMamamads member
    edited January 2015

@mamamads

You need to relax.  People are telling you that they really don't like the idea of masking throwing your own shower by asking for donations to charity.  You can calm down any time.

I was plenty calm till someone piped in accusing me of things I wasn't doing. News flash don't skim a thread and then come in all heated acting like you know what's going on. I think she must be basing her issues off of some other thread because whatever she is talking about is really irrelevant to this discussion.

edited January 2015
  • Mamamads said:
    Gif fail.
    Once again the internet does not lie.
    edited January 2015

@Mamamads‌ cute try but no. As you can see, it's not just me that's noticed this about you. So tell me more about how my opinion is only based on one thread......right. :-@

Scroll up a bit and I said you must be basing your little tantrum off other posts because this one was quite tame till you came along calling me out for unrelated things.
    @etoille‌ No thanks, I'm good :) but thanks for taking the time to research me, very flattering

I'm not going around starting drama. I have more normal conversations than drama filled ones on tb and speak my opinions and views like anyone else and no, not everyone agrees with one another so get your big girl panties on and deal with.
  • Wow! I'd just like to say that etiquette is also considered as politeness and the majority of the post have contradicted the very essence of the word. Belittling one another and the use of profanity toward each other is not polite. I find reading your post and throwing your own baby shower are equal in their display of poor etiquette. I take that back etiquette is ever evolving and the idea of someone throwing their own baby shower is less offensive then the way most of you commented on it. I sincerely hope that for societies sake your teaching your children better manners than you've displayed. Now here's the dilemma if you respond negatively to my opinion I guess your once again equal to the OP and can't handle the truth.
  • I throwing my own baby shower this year I'm a control freak and want everything to be perfect I personally don't see anything wrong with it enjoy and Congrats on your bundle of joy
  • Wow! I'd just like to say that etiquette is also considered as politeness and the majority of the post have contradicted the very essence of the word. Belittling one another and the use of profanity toward each other is not polite. I find reading your post and throwing your own baby shower are equal in their display of poor etiquette. I take that back etiquette is ever evolving and the idea of someone throwing their own baby shower is less offensive then the way most of you commented on it. I sincerely hope that for societies sake your teaching your children better manners than you've displayed. Now here's the dilemma if you respond negatively to my opinion I guess your once again equal to the OP and can't handle the truth.

And you are?
    IMO this sounds like a pageant Q and A gone wrong.
    That was literally painful to read. Grammar is your friend. There were more paragraphs in that post than the two you decided to include.
  • I throwing my own baby shower this year I'm a control freak and want everything to be perfect I personally don't see anything wrong with it enjoy and Congrats on your bundle of joy

• I think the bottom line is that it's not okay the throw your own shower even if you don't ask for gift. It sucks bc of your situation but it doesn't make it okay. It's going to rub a lot of people the wrong way
  • I think the bottom line is that it's not okay the throw your own shower even if you don't ask for gift. It sucks bc of your situation but it doesn't make it okay. It's going to rub a lot of people the wrong way

Someone's a little late to the conversation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"