January 2014 Moms
Options

Teeth brushing

We are "brushing" DDs teeth every night at bath time and some mornings but I don't really feel like we are doing a good job of actually brushing them. I mean a toothbrush, with baby toothpaste, is in her mouth but I wouldn't say we are very thoroughly brushing the actual teeth because she just doesn't stay still. I haven't really tried to force it because I'm trying to keep the experience positive but wondering if I should start.

How is teeth brushing going for everyone else?

Re: Teeth brushing

• Options
    I worry I am not doing a good enough job.  She has so many teeth but only lets me brush them for about 3 seconds.  I can't get all of them in that short of time!  I bought some fluoride free toothpaste and she likes that.  I can brush for a few seconds extra and then she tries to suck on the toothbrush.  DD has her 1st dentist appointment on Dec. 18th.  I am curious what the dentist will recommend or suggest.    
  • Options
    I take him into the bathroom with me every morning to "brush" our teeth. Lately he is enjoying dropping the brush on the ground, grabbing at MY toothbrush, and giggling at himself in the mirror. He sticks his tongue out when I try to go at his teeth, I'm sure it tickles.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I asked my dentist about using a toothbrush and she said that wiping the teeth with a rag is still fine at this stage. If you use a brush, toothpaste is not necessary unless a dentist sees signs of decay.
  • Options
    We've been "brushing" DD's gums since she was about 6 weeks old. She always loved it and would happily let us brush her mouth until about a month ago when she sprouted 4 teeth in a week. After that, tooth brushing or wiping is a struggle. I give her a toothbrush to play with and she might get a little something done in there. Who knows. I'm not too worried about it. 
  • Options
    Brushing his teeth is the only thing that will keep DS still long enough to wrangle him into his pajamas! DH brushes his teeth with one of those finger tooth brushes while I put on his clothes.

Usually, he loves it! I think it must tickle like pp said.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• Options
    Well glad to hear everyone else is struggling too. Well just keep doing out best.
  • Options
    I just give her the toothbrush during her bath and let her go to town with it.  I will brush a bit as well.  That is it right now.  She only has 4 teeth.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"