Nurseries and Baby Gear

sling vs carrier

This will be baby #2 and with an active toddler I'd like to get out of the house more this time even if it is just to the park or zoo. I have a baby Bjorn but was thinking of getting a sling. Anyone have experience with what will be the most comfortable in the first couple months?This baby will be a c/s not sure if that matters or not.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: sling vs carrier

• The Baby K'Tan ( like the moby wrap, but easier) was a life saver with my 3rd child.  Super easy to put on, I felt like it was safe and secure and it was comfy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I've also heard amazing things about Baby K'Tan. I have one, but haven't had a chance to use it yet since baby's not here yet. I did try it on and it seemed both easy and secure. I like that they come in different sizes.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm probably in the minority here, but my baby hated the K'Tan. He would squirm and cry nonstop. I found he preferred to be in a soft structured carrier (I have a Lillebaby carrier and LOVE IT). I had a cs as well, and found my carrier had more support and was more comfortable then my K'Tan.
  • We had a K'Tan. It was okay. We really loved my mei tai. I made it from Hobo Mama's no sew pattern and it has served us for the first couple of months for 2 kiddos. Then we switched to the Ergo when they got good head control.
  • Any difference between the Moby and Bobo? As I'll be using this mostly during the summer and outside were either of these "hot" to where? I realize I'll have a baby in it and the body heat may make me hot, but was wondering if either of those wraps were hot by themselves.

TIA!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• NSYoder26 said:

Any difference between the Moby and Bobo? As I'll be using this mostly during the summer and outside were either of these "hot" to where? I realize I'll have a baby in it and the body heat may make me hot, but was wondering if either of those wraps were hot by themselves.

TIA!

Don't get a Moby for the summer.  And honestly, the Moby and even K'tan start to become uncomfortable around 15 lbs or so.  I think it's wiser to invest in a good soft structured carrier (SSC) like a Beco, Tula, Lilliebaby or Ergo.  You can use it from birth and it will last a much longer amount of time.  I personally love my woven wrap but it takes time and there's a large learning curve there.  A SSC is easy to learn and use and keeps baby nice and secure while you chase your older one. I also like using a Frogg Togg towel between me and baby in the summer in whatever carrier you choose.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Also hated the ktan. Love my moby and ergo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • i have the bobo carrier and love it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hsalhsal member
    Invest in a SSC- the K'tan has to be sized perfect and gets hard to wear as the baby gets bigger. A LILLEbaby carrier will be perfect from day one! I use mine with my now 10 month old and with my almost 4 year old since it can support up to 45 lbs. With the lumbar support, I never have any back pain!

The LILLE doesn't require an infant insert, it has a pocket (which is awesome when you're using your hands to chase the toddler), and I felt way more comfortable with the ssc than with a wrap. Chasing a toddler with e new baby after having a cs was scary but not uncomfortable at all with the Lillebaby carrier!
  • I have...... a K'Tan - which is great a lot of the time if I'm not doing much but need my hands... I have a couple slings which have their place, too... and are easy for on/off and nursing a baby... but if you Want something that will be a SOLID investment from newborn through toddler stage - you want to get a Lillebaby... its is WAY WAY better than a Bjorn... has 6 different carries... lumbar support... so comfortable and great for pretty much every need/use imaginable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"