September 2012 Moms

Wont keep diaper on in bed

My girls are 26 months and rarely keep their diapers on in bed. They are still in cribs and we recently have been
putting tape on the diapers in hopes they will keep them on.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't   They usually play for a little before
falling asleep and that's when they take them off or after waking up if we aren't in their right away.  The worst is when they have poop everywhere ;(
They wont keep the zip up pajamas on either.  

Anyone else had this issue?  Found anything that works?  

Re: Wont keep diaper on in bed

• My sister bought a few cloth diapers and put those over the disposable diaper. She found those snaps were too hard for her daughter to undo.

Or you could just use a cloth diaper if you want too.

• Pajamas on backwards?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • L gets pants stuck on her big butt so she has more trouble taking her pants off than its worth. So she rarely takes off her own diaper. Are there any pants they have problems with (skinny jeans - ha)? The footless zip jammies backwards should keep them in. You could also pull out older jamies that don't fit anymore in length and cut off the feet, stick those suckers on backwards. That should at least keep them contained. 

That would cause L some added stress though and she would likely keep herself up longer in frustration of not being able to undress. That could be worse than no diapers. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • We had this issue when DD was only 18 months or so old..she got potty trained at 21 months. :)
    But she does still wear a diaper at night time and luckily won't take it off until morning.  I guess she got over that phase.  When she was doing it, we would put them on backwards and duct tape them. That normally worked tho sometimes she got them off.  I was in the same boat as you as far as her taking off clothing so no suggestions there.  Good luck!
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Pull ups instead of diapers
    Onesie under the the pjs
    backwards diaper/pjs
    sleep sack

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Haha well it sounds like I'm not the only one having these issues! We tried the zip up pajamas on backwards last night and that seemed to work. We may just have to stick to those for awhile. Thanks for the tips!
  • Oh man and I thought I had issues with a kid who won't stay in bed. I'll just shut up and be thankful the diaper stays on!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"