TTC after 35
Options

I'm a POAS addict!

DH said I should just buy stock in Dollar Tree. :)  I started testing on Sunday which was 4dpo.  I know that's way too early but I'm totally addicted.  Anyone else right there with me?
<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5677e2">My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: I'm a POAS addict!

• Options
    I was only like that the first month I started trying.  Then I decided I'd better control myself and not test until closer to my expected period or until I was late because otherwise I'd be too broke and disappointed to keep ttc! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I only let myself test once a month because those tests are too darn expensive! ha ha ha. I always end up testing the day or two before AF shows up and then Im kicking myself for wasting a test. Oh well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sure you know there's really no way an embryo could have implanted and started producing HCG by 4 DPO. :)

I do test a lot, but I figure the earliest a BFP would even be possible (and still very unlikely) is ~8 dpo, so I keep it in check until at least then.
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    I don't test until 10DPO. 9DPO BFPs are so rare. I feel crazier if I test before 12DPO, actually.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    I only let myself test once a month because those tests are too darn expensive! ha ha ha. I always end up testing the day or two before AF shows up and then Im kicking myself for wasting a test. Oh well.
    Wondfos for my POAS addiction.  I get 50 OPK and 20 HPT for like 30 dollars.  You can also buy dollar tree tests or Walmart 88 cent tests.  Only if I get a + do I break out a FRER.

I had a trigger shot this cycle so I started testing out my trigger at 7 dpo.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    @Davie813 - I know that there's no way I'll get a BFP this early.  However, as I've gotten older, I have accepted that I am neurotic and have an addictive personality. :)

@tlc35 - I haven't ordered the wondfos from amazon yet.  I've just been buying the Dollar Tree ones.  The Walmarts around me never seem to have the 88 centers in stock.  Good luck this cycle!

Thanks ladies for understanding my addiction!  Good luck to everyone this month!
  • Options
    That's pretty funny @suzig1978.. ok, here is a really bizarre one for you if you just have to pee on something.  Re-test on the negatives (if you are testing at 4dpo seriously), just reuse the test as you will not be getting any reliable results at that stage anyway.  Yes, people will think I'm nuts because ew urine, but seriously even someone testing as early as 9dpo more than likely won't trust the results either way. so

Anyway for what it's worth (meaning not much), I've never gotten a + prior to 12dpo.  
  • Options
    @kelley72 - that's actually a really good idea.  I'll have to try it and see if it will assuage my addiction.  I do enjoy watching the pink flow from one side to the other though.  :)

Honestly, DH thinks I'm insane.
  • Options
    kelley72 said:
    That's pretty funny @suzig1978.. ok, here is a really bizarre one for you if you just have to pee on something.  Re-test on the negatives (if you are testing at 4dpo seriously), just reuse the test as you will not be getting any reliable results at that stage anyway.  Yes, people will think I'm nuts because ew urine, but seriously even someone testing as early as 9dpo more than likely won't trust the results either way. so

Anyway for what it's worth (meaning not much), I've never gotten a + prior to 12dpo.  
    Does this actually work?  Have you ever gotten a positive this way?  I would have thought that getting wet would damage the dye strip or something. Interesting...

DD, 6/15/2013
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    @Davie 813 - I think the thought is if it's just a POAS addiction and we already know that it's going to be BFN until at least 10dpo.  Reuse the BFN's if you just need to pee on something.

My problem is that I enjoy watching the color slide across the window so once it's already been used the color won't cross the window anymore - and I'm not sure that my addiction will allow me to do this.
  • Options
    suziq1978 said:
    @Davie 813 - I think the thought is if it's just a POAS addiction and we already know that it's going to be BFN until at least 10dpo.  Reuse the BFN's if you just need to pee on something.

My problem is that I enjoy watching the color slide across the window so once it's already been used the color won't cross the window anymore - and I'm not sure that my addiction will allow me to do this.
    Huh.  Well, to each her own. :)

DD, 6/15/2013
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    I get the POAS addiction but my tough love statement is that at 4dpo (or any day earlier than 8dpo) you might as well just be peeing on dollar bills.
    The earliest I have ever heard of getting a positive is 8dpo and that is even pretty rare.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    @tlc35 - thanks for the tough love!  I will try to keep the dollar bill picture in my head for next cycle.
  • Options
    @Davie813  No, I have NEVER seen it work and am very doubtful it would, but you can actually still see the urine flash across the screen.  But, after (in my crazy state) 2 times it all blurs and I throw it away!

Yes @tlc35  I think testing prior to 12dpo is too big of a waste but that is why I threw out this really, really crazy thing.
  • Options
    So walmart tests you have to have lot of the HCG hormone, I think it was 50 mIU and I believe dollar store tests were about 40 mlU. Wondfos is 25mIU and a FRER is 10mlU.
    So it may take 7+ days for it to implant and wouldn't generate enough HCG to be detected until probably day 10 on a FRER.

Just try and distract yourself. You're going to drive yourself nuts testing this early.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"