June 2015 Moms

How long along the pregnany can they tell the gender?

2»

Answers

• Honey, the question was how far along CAN you tell. I never said anything about specificity or sensitivity of the sonographic test. I posted a link from an actual published paper that says that you CAN. I'm not denying fair chance of false positives. I'm just answering a question, why does that offend you so much?

And I personally think picking on someone's poor English is a horrible thing to do. I don't speak English as a first language for instance, and I by no means see it's necessary to be 100% grammatically correct on this forum. No one is perfect.

Who are you to decide what I can and cannot say ? I don't love repetitive threads but who the hell am I to be directly attacking them? I have principles... I am nice to everyone unless they aren't nice to me. I'm sure you don't understand that concept.

No need to get so personal. Jesus.
  • Loading the player...
  • nala5495 said:

Use the app Glow. That way you can ask questions and not having other people make you look like a dumb ass. Some people are just rude. Glow will take your questions seriously. Xox.

• parsaamin said:

Honey, the question was how far along CAN you tell. I never said anything about specificity or sensitivity of the sonographic test. I posted a link from an actual published paper that says that you CAN. I'm not denying fair chance of false positives. I'm just answering a question, why does that offend you so much?

And I personally think picking on someone's poor English is a horrible thing to do. I don't speak English as a first language for instance, and I by no means see it's necessary to be 100% grammatically correct on this forum. No one is perfect.

Who are you to decide what I can and cannot say ? I don't love repetitive threads but who the hell am I to be directly attacking them? I have principles... I am nice to everyone unless they aren't nice to me. I'm sure you don't understand that concept.

Don't fucking call me honey. It makes you look like a condescending bitch, contrary to what you *think you are.

And guess what, I CAN tell you with 50% accuracy that you will have a girl in June. And I can do that without medical equipment.

You posted an article that you didn't even read.
    Go brains!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

• I did read the article, my point was that you CAN detect through certain sonographic markers, not about it's sensitivity and specificity********
  • I'd like to know where @parsaamin went to medical school and where she works so I can be sure to avoid both of those places and (in the case of the medical school) tread lightly with their graduates.

Holy moly.
    Emma Watson is
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • parsaamin said:

Honey, the question was how far along CAN you tell. I never said anything about specificity or sensitivity of the sonographic test. I posted a link from an actual published paper that says that you CAN. I'm not denying fair chance of false positives. I'm just answering a question, why does that offend you so much?

Don't fucking call me honey. It makes you look like a condescending bitch, contrary to what you *think you are.

And guess what, I CAN tell you with 50% accuracy that you will have a girl in June. And I can do that without medical equipment.

You posted an article that you didn't even read.
    Go brains!
    @parsaamin‌ - I think implied in the 8,000 questions about "how early can you determine the baby's sex" is how early can you determine the baby's sex with a high level of accuracy. I highly doubt anyone who asks that question would be satisfied with "well at 11 weeks they can tell you with 50% accuracy" as an answer.
  • blu-eyedwifeblu-eyedwife member
    edited December 2014
    Here is your science- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3530251/#!po=0.769231 Sex determination can be done from 11 weeks.
    Yes, the Nigerian Medical Journal is on the cutting edge of medical and scientific research. Did you even read the article ? " Male fetuses were wrongly assigned as females in 56% of cases at 11 weeks gestation; "
    Well, that and the study itself only looked at women 15 weeks and up.  So citing a study that is quoting other studies regarding the 11 weeks, as opposed to citing the actual source is poor research methodology.

ETA - and the final conclusion of said study:

"Our results suggest that a final decision on invasive testing for sex-linked conditions should be undertaken only after 12 weeks of gestation."

Which is a result of the fact that 11 weeks is too early for a medically comfortable determination of sex.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• parsaamin said:

Awwwww, I love Depeche Mode!!!!

This was SO GOOD!! Hahahahaha

Married 10/9/2009

The beautiful Royelle Marie born 2/7/2012

Baby #2 coming June 11, 2015 (Scheduled CS)

Pregnancy Ticker

• It looks like the ratings show this works about 50% of the time. Seems legit!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003YT6KEO/ref=pd_aw_sims_1?pi=SS115&simLd=1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"