Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Christmas gift ideas?

I'm stumped... my LO is almost 8 months old, almost crawling. .everyone is asking for ideas and I'm not sure? I've been thinking ahead bigger car seat? Gift cards for when he needs clothes in the spring? Learning toys? Any suggestions let's say for 8 - 12mo? ? TIA!

Re: Christmas gift ideas?

• Usually people enjoy buying fun things like toys or cute clothes. When asked I will try to give suggestions that A would enjoy and/or need and that people wouldn't mind buying. I could not ask for gift cards. I also wouldn't ask for something large like a car seat.

You could ask for clothes that would work in spring. Or pick out a few toys you really want to buy and let people know what those are. Instruments are fun and babies can play with them for years. (baby safe of course-and be prepared for noise) Activity tables are fun. Some of them can be used without legs then with legs after baby can stand.

There are so many toys. Go online, read reviews and pick some out,that you would want to buy.

• We actually did ask for LO's next car seat and stroller, from the grandparents.  They knew money was tight, so it was huge to receive those as gifts.  We also asked for books, bath toys, and the next size up in clothing.
  • Loading the player...
  • You could ask for a push/walk behind toy, activity table, books, both of mine have loved the Playskool Busy Gears.

I always joke and say diapers too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I would look at some next-stage toys that you think your LO may enjoy and put those on the list.  Some clothes in the next size up are also a good idea.  Books are always a nice idea as well.

A lot of moms on my BMB have said the zany zoo is a great toy that their LO plays with for long periods.  And as others have said, activity tables or push toys are also good gifts at this age.

My DD is obsessed with music so most of her toys end up being music-related.  I just bought a little Leap Frog piano toy used for $3 and she is obsessed with it! 

Also this pop up toy:

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-B8685-Bobble-Giggle-Pals/dp/B00064MUJO

• He got some baby Einstein toys, a push walker from his grandmother, and activity table from his grandfather, and his large gift from us is a block roller coaster thing that was on sale at Walmart last week.

His stocking has some books, tooth brush and toothpaste with some baby snacks.
  • LO is getting the zany zoo (thanks A14!) as well as some storybooks, a new swim diaper, clothes, and bath toys. His Grandma is getting him the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn car. I've had a few people ask and I just tell them what his next clothing size is and that books or toys are great as well.
  • We are two only children with the family's first granddaughter so she is getting everything regardless of what we tell grandparents lol. But since they always want to buy toys and clothes, we tried to think ahead and ask for clothes in sizes she can use throughout the upcoming year, and the same with toys. So, now she is 6 mos. and can stand with support so we asked for walkers and toys that help babies learn to push and stand and sit/ride on things. Toys that are geared toward 6mos-12mos so they will last more than just this season. But she has things like books, prams, and even diaper pail liner refills on the way too. I know the toys will be overkill and have no idea where I will store all this stuff O_o
  • We got the Zany Zoo and a Parum Pum Pum Drum for LO who will be 8.5 months at Christmas.  Inlaws are getting us his next step up carseat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"