TTC after 35

New and never posted

Hello there. I've been reading for a little while and the thought alone of posting has been a great comfort, but I'd like to actually say hello now. I'm 39 and my DH is 36. We tried for a few months and then went to an RE for testing and advice. Blood tests for us both, HSG and SIS for me, sperm analysis for him. Everything came back great, but the RE suggested a few rounds of IUI because of my age, and then IVF if no luck. I'm really surprised at how tough this is. I had the IUI done 11/25 and the wait is so emotional. I alternate between being positive (ha) I'll get pregnant and feeling like it'll never happen and especially stressed because I'll be 40 in March. Would love to hear any advice/encouragement from this wonderful community. Thanks for reading.

Re: New and never posted

• No advice on iui's but I wanted to say welcome and good luck! I'm in the 2ww so I know agonizing the wait is.
    <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5677e2">My Ovulation Chart</a>
  • Hello and welcome! I have no advice about iui's but I share your thoughts on approaching 40. I just keep in mind that women have healthy babies at our age. It's all I got!

Good luck :)
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome and good luck.  I agree that the TWW sucks!
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• nd613nd613 member
    edited December 2014
    Hi and welcome. I am also 39 and following the removal of a small fibroid, we are heading right into IUI. All of our tests (SA, day3, sono HSG) came back as great but our RE strongly suggested IUI because of the age factor. 

I am on day 3 of Letrozole and will go in for monitoring next Sunday to determine when to take my trigger shot and inseminate. I have a pretty good idea of how you are feeling. I go between trying to stay positive and preparing myself for the worst. It doesn't help that I find out the IUI results right before Christmas.

I'm hoping for a positive result for both of us. It's good to know others are going through the same thing.
    Nicole  
    NYC
    39 y/o DH 45 
    Married in April 2014 
    TTC since May 2014
    Oct 2014: RE Consultation
    Nov 2014: Submucosal fibroid removed
    Dec 2014: Letrozole CD 3-7. IUI canceled. BFN
    Jan 2015: Letrozole CD 3-7. Ovridel HSG Trigger. IUI#1 BFN
    IUI#2 next
  • Welcome!
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Welcome & good luck. I skipped IUI & went straight to IVF after trying timed intercourse.
  • Welcome! I hope your next steps are successful!
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • omnivoretteomnivorette member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome, you all brought a big smile to my face! Best of luck to my fellow 2WWers!
  • Welcome and good luck. If I can offer advice - try not to stress about turning 40. I had 40 as this deadline in my head and the disappointment each month almost consumes me. Now that I'm turning 40 during this cycle, I'm hoping some of my anxiety will dissipate. So, basically, don't do what I've done! :) I hope you are successful with IUI.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • HI there, no advice, I just wanted to say welcome and best wishes to you!
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Welcome!  Sounds like you have a solid plan so I'll just wish you well!  Hang out here for laughs, information and support!
  • Welcome and GL!
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Welcome.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Welcome!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• welcome and good luck!
  • Welcome and good luck to you!
  • Welcome! Hoping you get a BFP!!

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Wow so on a positive note, it made a huge difference to be at work today. It was great to really get my mind off TTC. I'm not sure if I'd even have a hint of pregnancy symptoms at 5DPIUI, but I have zero. Although I have an extra inch on my belly from Thanksgiving! :)
  • Welcome to the group!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had my IUI on Saturday so am also in my TWW. Find anything you can to keep your mind occupied - that is my advice. I've started arm knitting...lol
  • Welcome!
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • I am also new to the board  (this is my first post) and just had my first IUI on 11/26! Fingers crossed for us both. We started ttc about the same age as you (i am now 41). I think its good you are being proactive right away. Although we had some good reasons not to be, in retrospect I kind of wish we had been more proactive sooner. 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Welcome and good luck!

****Loss Mentioned***
    Me: 41 Him: 41
    TTC since December 2013
    HSG 9/18/14 = Tubes open but T shaped uterus
    IUI #1... 1/6/2015 + 50mg Clomid = BFN
    IUI #2... 1/29 & 30/2015 + 50mg Clomid +Tigger +Progesterone = BFN
    3/14 BFFP! Natural w/acupuncture & herbs only
    EDD = 11/22/15;  No heartbeat = 7/21/15
    Cooper Midnight Johnson born sleeping 7/25/2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm new too and TTC at 38. My mom had her tubes "untied" and had my little brother at 40 and that was 23 years ago - think how far things have come since then! You have great odds, especially if the tests came back strong. I've been at it or over a year now, and it definitely becomes trying to keep getting that BFN every month, but I have found I am getting a little better at ignoring it and trying to focus on other things. That 2WW is the worst, just book lots of distractions during that time.
  • Welcome and good luck! Hoping you get your BFP!!
    Married October 2014. Me 38 DH 34
    MMC 1/21/15 @ 11 weeks
    DD born 1/1/16
    MC 5/17 and 8/17
    BFP 11/18 EDD 7/27/18
  • Welcome and good luck!

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Welcome and good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"