1st Trimester
Options

Strange period in October.. Postive test in November

My last normal period was in September... it was from the 25th to the 30th of September. By October I had started again.. but this time on the 10th. Early.. which is very unusual. My periods are very regular. It was heavy and accompanied with very intense cramping. It only lasted 3 days. When it was over I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.

This month I've been super bloated and just feeling exhausted and moody in general... super sore boobs etc etc. Last Saturday on a whim I took a test in the middle of the afternoon. It immediately showed two lines.. within seconds.. and very dark. So I sent my partner to the store for more tests... he came back with the digital clear blue that show the approximate timeline of the pregnancy. It was 3+ weeks.

I'm wondering if maybe the "period" from October was actually a threatened miscarriage or something? It's now the 28th and no sign of a period so I don't think I actually had a miscarriage... but I'm wondering if I didn't become pregnant early in October? Implantation possibly? Just kind of confused. With my son it took 10+ weeks to get a positive test on a HPT, but I suppose every pregnancy is different. I'm just freaked out a little because I've put on 20 lbs in the last few months and my weight doesn't usually fluctuate. I guess I'm scared of being one of those women that go into the doctors office to find out they're way further along then they anticipated :/

Sorry if this is rambling or hard to follow. I have an appointment on the 12th of December and we are very anxiously waiting.. wish my doctor could fit me in sooner :( The first picture is a little blurry

Re: Strange period in October.. Postive test in November

• Options
    Congrats on your positive. The only way to really know how far along you are is a dating ultrasound. Good luck!!
  • Options
    I figured... They kept asking me about my LMP and I wasn't sure what to say.. I honestly don't think the "period" from October was an actual period so I went with September. We will see though!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had heavy and painful implantation bleeding with my son.  I thought it was a short period (about 3 days) but it turned out to be implantation.  You'll find out during our first ultrasound!  Congrats on the BFP!
    *Ticker Warning*

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our Story:
    Me: 36, DH 38
    2005: Blighted Ovum
    2010:  Surprise pregnancy (son born 2011)
    9/2012:  Chemical pregnancy
    6/2013-8/2013: 3 rounds of clomid = nothing
    9/2013:  Husband dx = poor morphology, low motility.  My dx = normal, tubes clear
    10/2014:  After 2 years of actively trying moved on to IVF.  ER=16 (12 fertilized). 
    11/2014:  Transferred 1 4AA blastocyst (3 blasts made it to the freezer) = BFP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"