November 2014 Moms
Options

fenugreek and supply boosting question

Does anyone else's bottle say "not for use for a pregnant or nursing woman"?
I just finished one bottle and started a new one. I threw the old one out and never realized it said anything like this but the new one does. Are there different types? Also what else are you taking to help boost your supply???
Anniversary
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: fenugreek and supply boosting question

• Options
    I'm taking something by motherlove that my LC recommended, I think it's called more milk special blend? It's a blend with 4 or 5 herbs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
    My bottle of fenugreek capsules from Nature's Way says "not for use during pregnancy."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am also taking Mother Love's More Milk Plus, and it works wonderfully.
    It also has the warning, but I feel ok taking it as the LC recommended it.
  • Options
    mockingjay1mockingjay1 member
    edited November 2014
    My fenugreek bottles says to consult your doctor if pregnant, breastfeeding, etc. I think companies say that to cover their ass.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    I'm taking fenugreek & blessed thistle together, as recommended by our LC. I've been taking it for a week now and have seen a significant increase in my production!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am drinking Yogi Nursing Support tea and it has fenugreek, fennel and other stuff.  It smells licorice-y. :)  
    CafeMom Tickers

N14 January Siggy Challenge - What Sucks About Work

• Options
    Mine (My Brest Friend brand) says pregnant AND breastfeeding.  So I ignored it.  #nomorebabies

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. The my breast friend band is the kind I just finished but didn't ever remember seeing it on there. I figured it was a liability thing but the wording of the one I just started (I got from gnc) was weird. I ordered the more milk. I have been using something called maxi milk and It works great but this three week growth sspurt is kicking my ass. I'm going to try the blessed thistle tomorrow (since I won't shop today). Thanks everyone!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am throwing everything at boosting my supply. I'm taking fenugreek (and my label gives the warming, too) and blessed thistle, I eat oatmeal for breakfast everyday, I made lactation cookies the other day which were really quite good and my doc gave me a prescription for domperidone which is said to boost milk production. She told me that domperidone hasn't been approved in the US for milk production (in case I went a-googling, which I tend to do) but is perfectly safe. For Canadian mamas, it might be something to look into.
  • Options
    The fenugreek and blessed thistle pills makes me cringe. I was trying to stuff my face with these pills with DS1 and wow... I don't know if it's just me

(Interruption: while I was typing this, DS2 just pulled his head back while still latched. Omfg. Ouch!! I accidentally hit reply when he tried to do that in another thread. That kid... @-) )

Anyways. Moving on... I could barely choke down these pills. It was killing me. Plus I started to burp fenugreek. Ick. I am taking mother's milk tea and those pills with all these indg three times a day. Easier to swallow. Plus I have the vitamins and probiotics. I am totally not fond of pills!!
  • Options
    AmyG* said:

Serial posting....
    If you have difficulty choking down the pulls there are tinctures available which allows you to get the active ingredients of these herbs in a few drops of liquid in your oj

I'll definitely look into getting these tinctures. I know I saw one at a local store.

My dr rx'ed Reglan. I started to take them the first day and I notice a difference but then I was thinking... Why did I take the pills without researching myself. Upon my research, depression was mentioned. I don't quite have a serious problem with depression but it runs in the family so I decided to stop taking the pills. It's just not worth it. Especially so early postpartum.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"