November 2014 Moms
Options

post partum girdle?

Anyone have any opinions on these? I am seriously contemplating getting one. I'm already over a week pp though. My stomach dropped after I had her and I can actually feel and see it move when j walk its disgusting. Wasnt planning on exercising until 6 weeks pp and cleared by doctor

Re: post partum girdle?

• Options
    I bought one before delivery and tried to wear it on day 3 and it HURT. It was fine around my stomach, but the part that went between my legs made things a lot more painful because it pulled tightly on the stitches and swelling. I'm at 10 days post and my belly is close to back to normal (which was not exactly taut and toned to begin with, to be fair =), but I'm going to start wearing it again just to help with my abs.

In terms of exercise, I'm already doing two mile walks and plan to increase and then move to a slow jog in a couple weeks. I'm still up 25 lbs from pre-pregnancy though, so I really need to start working out.
    It's a girl! Due November 22, 2014
  • Options
    I wore it during the first week because that's how long it took for my stomach to go back to normal. It made me sweat really bad and itchy. Now I'm waiting to be clear to exercise to tighten the skin back up.
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    nov 2014 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, 2 mile walks!?! I'm slacking.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"