April 2015 Moms

Is this weird? (A question about Thank You notes)

Due to distance from family and lack of vacation time, our families are hosting baby showers for us during Christmas week. I was thinking about going ahead and stocking up on thank you notes so we can start writing them on the plane ride home.

That lead me to thinking about getting new monogrammed stationary, because I'm almost out...that lead me to thinking about getting monogrammed stationary for this LO, which brings us back to TY notes.

Assuming that we decide on a name between now and Christmas, do you think it would be weird or cute to get a TY on personalized notes cards with LO's monogram? DH and I can't decide if it would be nice or a little creepy.
BabyFetus Ticker
BFP! - 8/15/14
EDD - 4/28/15
It's a Boy!

Re: Is this weird? (A question about Thank You notes)

• I think it's weird. I'd stay away from it.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • I don't think it would be creepy as long as those receiving them were aware of the LO's name. My hesitation would be if for whatever reason, when the baby arrived, the name didn't seem "right" and we decided to use a different name.

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I don't get why this would be weird. The gifts are, presumably, for the baby, so I don't know why you couldn't use the baby's initials on the thank you notes.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think it's weird to add "and baby _____ " after your name at the end of the thank you message, but as for the monogram, I'd stick with your own.
  • I don't think it is creepy but I don't really think it is necessary.  I am not really into monogrammed things though. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Well, if you buy monogram stationary, you'd better be 100% sure of the name and sex.

Personally, I wouldn't do it.  But I tend to err on the side of being a bit superstitious with baby things. It comes from being Jewish and having a lot of people I know against buying for baby before the baby is born.
    imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I don't get why this would be weird. The gifts are, presumably, for the baby, so I don't know why you couldn't use the baby's initials on the thank you notes.

I guess to clarify, for me it wouldn't be weird after baby was born, but possibly so before she/he gets here.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP! - 8/15/14
    EDD - 4/28/15
    It's a Boy!
  • I don't think it's weird. You can always write from you and baby if you don't know the name by then.
  • I don't think it is weird, but you would probably get more use out of something with your monogram on it. The one time I did receive something with baby's monogram was from a family who adopted, so the baby himself was at the shower.
  • I would think it was super creepy if I received a thank you card on an unborn baby's stationary. The same way it was creepy to receive an FB friend requests from someone's unborn child. Perhaps because it seems so...presumptuous? Not sure, but personally not a fan of this at all.

Me: 34 DH: 36

Married since 11/11/11
    BFP#1 10/5/13 MC 11/11/13 @9wks 3d
    BFP#2 7/20/14 EDD 4/4/15

• missab said:

I would think it was super creepy if I received a thank you card on an unborn baby's stationary. The same way it was creepy to receive an FB friend requests from someone's unborn child. Perhaps because it seems so...presumptuous? Not sure, but personally not a fan of this at all.

Add me to this as well. Creeeeeepy!
  • I think it would be creepy, but I also think onesies with text that speak for babies are a bit creepy (so maybe I'm weird). So there's my two cents and a disclaimer :). I also think you know your audience, so if you think it's something that would appeal to them, go for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"