Parenting after 35

Thanksgiving FAIL!!!!

First, Happy 1st Birthday to Guennie's little lady!!!

So we were having everyone at our house for Thanksgiving this year.  Had everything all planned out ran the self cleaning on the oven way before we needed it because last night was baking and something spilled on the bottom.  Fast forward to an hour before we need to put the turkey in and I turn off the self cleaning function on the oven and it won't unlock.  I go to move the oven out from the wall to unplug it so it would hopefully reboot itself and the door pops open but the control panel reads locked.  SOOOOO long story short, I have no oven now.  It won't work because it is stuck in locked mode.  I had to have my DH drive the turkey to his parents house to cook it and my dinner was a shit show.  I hate thanksgiving to begin with but this takes it to a whole new level of disdain.  

Hope everyone else had a great day.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Thanksgiving FAIL!!!!

• Oh no!!! That happened to my mom once when I was in about the 5th grade. I was so traumatized I have never used the self-cleaning function! Lol.
  • Uuuuuugh I'm so sorry! That really stinks. I hope you are able to fix it or get a new one without spending too much.

We went to someone else's home and it was really nice. My chef husband made all the food at work and brought it over. It would have been a perfect day if our daughter hadn't gotten sick again that night.

Thanks for the bday wishes, I'm still so emotional about it. Just can't believe she can be a year old. We have toddlers!!!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no!  I'm sorry you both had lousy holidays.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • :(:(

Any updates on your oven yet?

Whenever my dad and stepmother decide they're not hosting/roasting the turkey anymore I think we may start just having a turkeyless Thanksgiving. Too much of a headache!

But there are lots of other nice things for which one needs an oven so I hope you can get yours working again!
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • Geeps2Geeps2 member
    edited December 2014
    The new oven came in this Wednesday.  The old one was 10 years old and by the time I got a repair person to come out and fix it with labor, parts and all that crap it was easier to just get a new one.  

I'm glad to have a working oven again!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yea for a new oven! And if it makes you feel any better, we buy the turkey already cooked because I'm convinced I will poison the whole family if I cook it. I don't trust the meat thermometer. (Without an X-ray, how the heck do I know if it's touching a bone???). Though, non-Thanksgiving, I do trust turkey breast I cook in the crockpot. I totally embrace my weirdness.
  • Sorry about the oven.  That sucks. 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sorry about your Turkey day fail.
    Just as a note, most ovens have a 2-3 (or more) hour lock after the self clean cycle as a safety feature to let it cool down.
    I always run mine overnight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"