April 2015 Moms

Creative Name Ideas

Re: Creative Name Ideas

• It's French for jewel.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Okay @Kessler111012‌ , I appreciate that you say you could find the humor if you weren't so mad at your friend. I'll stop teasing, but honestly, your style is very different from mine so I can't offer sincere help because I don't know what you would like and what you would think was a joke. (As an example, the girl names I considered were Felicity, Rosalie, Bridget, and Laurel. Nothing at all like Maddox and Lynnox)

Do you watch Arrow? Because both Felicity and Laurel are character in that show.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, the plural of jewel. Like, jewelry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I personally didn't hate Beatrix but didn't love it but my husband hated it.

My daughters name is actually pronounced Lennox but my grandmothers name is Lynnette and my middle name is Lynn which is why the y is in her name lol
  • miahbelle said:

Okay @Kessler111012‌ , I appreciate that you say you could find the humor if you weren't so mad at your friend. I'll stop teasing, but honestly, your style is very different from mine so I can't offer sincere help because I don't know what you would like and what you would think was a joke. (As an example, the girl names I considered were Felicity, Rosalie, Bridget, and Laurel. Nothing at all like Maddox and Lynnox)

Do you watch Arrow? Because both Felicity and Laurel are character in that show.
    LOL, no. Felicity came from looking at Irish names, seeing Fiona and it reminded me of Felicity. Laurel is because I'm from PA originally and the state flower is the mountain Laurel. I think it's pretty but DH doesn't like it. He does like Felicity.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I do not but it actually really like Laurel lol. If we had to give up in the x ending we would still want something different since the other two don't share names with anyone around here yet and I do not know any Laurel's so I will be writing that down on my back up list lol
  • If were to not use x, her name would be Jaselynn. If that gives you any insight into our taste but I don't really know how much that helps because that name has sentimental significance
  • I think the only suggestion you've offered is nooe

knjzacher said:

I actually really like Bijoux. Also your friend is a turd.

Can you beak that down in to pronunciation for me, please.? I can't figure it out.

What is nooe supposed to be? And is this comment directed at me or someone else?
    imageimage
  • That wasn't directed at you and I wasn't going to send it I guess It saved as a draft lol. It was directed toward redneck something or other that's offered up two suggestions one being how about nope and one being I have ridiculous requirements lmao.
  • The suggestion nope.?
  • The suggestion nope.?

Learn to quote.
  • rsaj0807 said:

The suggestion nope.?

Learn to quote.
    Is it really necessary to 'learn' to quote? I thought it was pretty self explanatory.

I thought using the quote was self explanatory as well, however, OP has not seemed to get the concept so far so I figured I'd give her a suggestion that would be helpful for all.
  • souptin said:

SO I popped on during my lunch break with pretty limited time to play on TB- this was what I picked to read.

I am so glad I did :)

I dont know who awwwwpuddin is, but I like her and want her to post more!

on the note about the name Fox- I can attest to it being a name- I dated a guy with that name, in fact one of my previous FFFC was about him- he was a male stripper.

to feminize it maybe try la-foxy? (dont pronounce the dash)
    Foxy- Roxy? ( now thats a CEO's name if I ever did hear one!)

I hope this thread lives forever, it has totally made my day!

I totes vote for that

@awwwpuddin‌ is one of my people. Her baby is on the outside already.
    imageimage
  • Beatrix is a great classy sounding x name. My vote is for that suggestion.
  • The feminine version of fox is Vixen. Vyxyn

My DD1 seriously suggested this as a name. Of course, it was only second choice to Sparky.
  • Osx.? No thank you.
  • This thread has had me laughing all day long. I wouldn't risk naming my child something utterly ridiculous just to make sure an "x" was tacked on the end of their name. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Minx.

Or Pax -- represents the Roman goddess of peace.

Me: 34 DH: 36

Married since 11/11/11
    BFP#1 10/5/13 MC 11/11/13 @9wks 3d
    BFP#2 7/20/14 EDD 4/4/15

• The X-files fan in me likes Fox.

My sister is a huge X-Files fan and my nephew's middle name actually is Fox :P
    Together since 5.16.05 (16 & 19yo)
    Married since 3.6.10 (21 & 24yo)
    Baby Olivia coming 4.14.15 <3 (26 & 29yo)

January Siggy Challenge: Fitness Fails

• This thread had me laughing out loud in the middle of a Criminal Minds episode. Of all the suggestions, I can support Phoenix, Beatrix and Kendrix (I know a little girl with the nickname Kenny and it's super cute.) Good luck, OP. I'm sorry your friends a snake.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • jk3610 said:

maybe this is sometimes an UO, but i don't understand the whole yooneek name thing.  human beings are innately unique from each other.  why does my child need to look like their name is a drunken scrabble game to stand out?  i can get behind a different sort of name if it's a family name, or they're named after someone who's passed, but other than that: what happened to good old traditional names?

My sister named her daughter Maija. I believe it is the traditional Hebrew spelling (Maijah). She HATES the spelling. I wouldn't be surprised if she changes the spelling at some point to Maya.
  • Duplex? Unisex?
  • Lux was a character in the book/movie the virgin suicides. I always liked that name, but we aren't very edgy and it seems like an edgier name.
  • I always wanted a Beatrix (love kill bill too much) but my friend insisted he would only call her Trix. Ew.

Lux, like in the virgin suicides. She was a stone fox.

Kendrix wouldn't be too bad, IMO, I like kendi as a nn.

I don't know, it sounds like you've given up on any actual names that end in x and are trying to just make one up. Isabellux? Rosalix? Laurax (lorax, hahah)? Elizabex?

Anything made up sounds like a laxative. At least try to make it something she can shorten and hide if she hates it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like Styx and bmx ...
  • aa122584 said:

Callyx

A friend of mine has a little boy named Calix. Another friend has a little girl named Phoenix and she is probably the most beautiful baby I've ever seen!
  • My friend named her little girl Max.
  • RHoPA1109 said:

Feenix

Phoenix?

I've always loved Phoenix and would use it if I had enough girls.

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"