November 2014 Moms

Levi's Birth Story!

Monday, Nov 24th
Went in for my 40 week appt.
Dr said she "kind of" tried to do a membrane sweep, but I was not dilated enough for her to do much.

Tuesday, Nov 25th
Contractions all day, but that was nothing new. I had been having contractions for the past month, but I was starting to lose pieces of my mucus plug! Yay!

Wednesday, Nov 26th
2am - I was taking a shower to try to relieve pain from contractions.
My water breaks.
I jump out of the tub call DH to tell him to come home from work and call MIL to stay with DD.

3am - Arrive at the hospital. I thought they would admit me right away and get me set up with antibiotics for GBS. Nope! I spend the next 2 hours in triage for them to confirm my water had indeed ruptured. I was frustrated with this... They did not check me when I got there. The doctor did not see me, but ordered a lab to see if my water really had broken. The nurse took one look down there and said I definitely had ruptured but she was going to do the lab anyway? To waste time I guess?

5am - I finally get into a delivery room. Dr checks me - 5cm.

5:30am IV in and antibiotics ready. Checked again - 7cm.
- I ask for an epidural.

6am sit up for the anesthesiologist to do epidural and baby's heart rate dropped really low. They put me on oxygen and had me move to different positions to try to get it back up.
- Anesthesiologist says he'll come back to do epidural, they thought it would put baby in even more distress.

6:30am - 10cm, but baby was too high up to push. My husband was begging for them to give me an epidural. They give in, but I think the only reason they gave it to me was because they thought I'd have to have an emergency c section but as soon as they gave it to me his heart went back up again and things got better for about 20 minutes then he started crashing again. They rushed me to the OR and I pushed the entire way there and I got him down and pushed him out right after they put me on the operating table. It was crazy!

Levi Elliott was born November 26th @ 7:35am, 7lbs 11oz, 21 inches. I only had one tiny tear and so far have been recovering so much better both physically and emotionally than with DD. It is crazy how different my babies are/were. DD never wanted to eat or try eating. He is a little piggie! He latched right away and has not stopped feeding since! So funny!

We are totally in love with this little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Levi's Birth Story!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"