2nd Trimester

am I just in denial?

So I am at 20 weeks and just had an ultra sound, I have 3 boys already and they just told me this one is too.. but it feels off to me. The only picture she could get of it was from behind and what she is pointing out as his boy part is off center, and she actually had to tell us it was a boy. My others we could tell easily. My placenta is on top and the only other real clear profile picture you can see is that the umbilical cord is running down between the legs. My instinct is telling me she is wrong. I am just in denial because I want a girl? Has anyone else ever been told wrong? (They are doing another ultrasound in 8 weeks)

Re: am I just in denial?

• I am having a boy and had a feeling it would be a girl until I saw clearly his boy parts. I really only thought it would be a girl because of the chemicals my husband worked with in the Navy made many men sterile or have a significantly higher chance of having a girl. The umbilical cord was in the way the majority of the time and it was hard to get a good shot. But we had a great ultrasound tech that finally got a clear image. I would just suggest to avoid buying anything gender specific until your 28 week untrasound. Maybe they can get a better look.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think youre probably in denial. If the trained u/s technician couldnt see baby's genitalia clearly, they would tell you. Youre getting another u/s in 8 weeks so enjoy the ride amd see how that u/s goes
  • If she said she was 100% sure and didn't suggest they sound re check for confirmation then yes it's a boy. You can pay out if pocket, and re check so you are clear in your mind your having boy. It sounds like your baby is healthy so congrats on a healthy baby, regardless of the sex.
  • They are doing another ultrasound because they couldn't get all the measurements needed because the baby wasn't be cooperative.
  • Don't stress. Give it 8 weeks and then you should know for sure.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Feel blessed that you have a healthy baby. Don't dwell too much on how your kid is going to pee.
  • I think it's denial. I honestly felt the same thing a bit. I have always wanted a girl and had a strong feeling for sure that it was. This was coupled with the old wives tales more severe morning sickness equals a girl. sonography at 12 weeks said boy.... I know it's early but I think there is a good chance she is right... We all have a vision for our families. Happy either way with a healthy baby and hope you have the same. Both sexes have there advantages and disadvantages to me anyhow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"