1st Trimester
Options

hcg/intro

Hey everyone, very new to the forums so forgive me if I make a mistake. Quick intro I'm 22 and have pcos, had surgery for endometriosis, and have hypothyroidism badly. I've been trying to get pregnant for over 3 years now, and nothing has worked thus far.
So in the last week I've had every pregnancy symptom you could possibly think of, from morning sickness to hotflashes, pains, and insomnia and exhaustion. So I finally went in to get a full blood work up that included my beta. Results came back as 5mlu/ml. Also my alkaline phosphate levels were elevated which is common in pregnancy according to my doctor. But I'm unsure how to feel. I had my beta checked in august and it was at a 1. So this is a huge jump but I know it's incredibly low. I'm trying to not get my hopes up but that's incredibly hard. I go back in to get a second beta on Monday and the wait is killing me. Has anyone had and experience like me? Or had an hcg level that low and had a successful pregnancy? Idk how to feel, I'm a nervous wreck really. I'm so use to a negative that an inconclusive test is killing me. Thanks ladies!
-Karlie
Not sure which board this goes on so it's also posted on trying to conceive

Re: hcg/intro

• Options
    First I would like to wish you the best of luck. Please don't take this te wrong way but I'll be honest with you. Hcg level going from 1 up to 5 is not a huge jump. After I miscarried my doctor followed my levels down and said that I would be safe to try again after my levels were below 5 and even 4 is considered not pregnant.

I have seen many women on the PGAL board that have had successful pregnancies with hcg levels that started very low. The important thing, as I'm sure you know if you've been trying to conceive for a long time, is that your levels double or come close to doubling every 48-72 hours.

Again I wish you the best of luck. My advice would be if the next draw comes back and looks promising, ask that your levels be followed up until you're able to have an ultrasound at 6 or 7 weeks.
  • Options
    Hi Karlie - Have you taken a pregnancy test yet? As PP said, an HCG of 5 seems pretty low and you didn't say how many weeks pregnant you think you are. Its possible that you are really early in your pregnancy but what will matter is that your betas are doubling every 48 hours. I do hope you get some good news though from your second draw - best of luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry I forgot to mention I would be about 3 1/2 weeks if I am. I hope my beta is much higher on monday! Thanks everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"