Baby Names

Siblings can't share part of a name can they?

I deeply regret giving DS2 the middle name Anders. I so wish I would have saved the name for DS3. We had no clue there would be a 3 but there is and I love the name but can't use it because it's DS2 middle name. DS2 is 2.5 it would be dumb to change his middle name now, wouldn't it?

Re: Siblings can't share part of a name can they?

• Yes.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Ugh. Sadly I know this. Wish there was a way out. I have no name for #3 :(
  • Loading the player...
  • I think he is probably too old to change his name. Ultimately its up to you tho. You could always reuse the middle name Anders. My sisters and I all have the same middle name. It is a family name passed down thru every generation and my mom gave it to all of us. And we always rather liked sharing a middle name.

~**~Me (27) <3 DH (30)~**~
    **Love = August 12, 2012**
    **Marriage = July 4, 2014**
    **Baby Carriage = TBD**

Anniversary
  • You can't change the middle name now, but I see nothing wrong with using Anders for your baby. I think its kinda sweet and links the two brother. 
  • be888be888 member
    edited November 2014
    I don't think you can unfortunately (change your son's MN), but I don't really see anything wrong with using it as a FN. My DH wants us to change our dog's name, Jack, so we can give it to DS2. Siblings sharing part of a name is fine, a dog and child, no.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• I wouldn't change your sons name.
    Reuse anders or pick a new name. I think you'll find something else that you like!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I say you can still use it as a fn without changing ds2's name. A name change is a hassle.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't change DS2's middle name but if you really love Anders and can't find/agree on another one, I would reuse it. I don't think it's weird or a big deal. You love it so much you used twice!
    "I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." Maya Angelou
    ~ Auntie to L: 2013 and Peanut: EDD 11/2014 ~

• Pick a new name, no hand-me-down names.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I don't think using Anders as a first name is awful, but I wouldn't do it myself.

Anniversary

• Reuse it. My father has the same first name as his older brother's middle name. Never thought it weird.

Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• I think you can find a new name. I'd feel bad changing any part of DS's name--it was chosen because you loved it and wanted it for him, you know? It would make me feel like I"m taking something from him and giving it to the new baby. 

Surely you can find something you love as much as Anders. There's millions of names out there. 

I agree with this post very much! You gave the name Anders to your son and it would be kind of rude to now take it away and give it to someone else. Just pick another name for #3.
  • I definitely wouldn't change DS2's name; too much of a hassle.

If you really love Anders than just reuse it.
    My DH's first name is his older brother's middle name. Both of them think it's NBD and it never comes up.
    His parents are completely honest about using their two absolute favorites with DS1.
    I don't think you should stress finding something you like better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My husbands middle name is his younger brothers first name and it doesn't bother them at all. It is a little strange but I don't think it's totally off limits if it's a name you really love.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"