LGBT Parenting
Options

Show Us Your Life 11/26

Sorry I'm late; on on Hawaii time. :). Post a Pic!

Theme this week:
Welcome to My Home!
Your curb appeal, front of the house, welcoming porch, etc . . .
Photo of the front of your home, and tell us what you like, what you don't, what you've done, or what you'd like to do.

CageyMack
37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

Re: Show Us Your Life 11/26

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @TwoMomsInTX‌ maybe it's the same builder:)
  • Options
    I love this new thread!  So many beautiful homes, history, personality, the works!

A partial pic of the front of our house. As you can see I was being followed by Kaden, so I turned to take a quick pic and didn't make it to the street.  There is a juniper explosion happening in the front yard, which if it was my house I would pull up and plant a garden instead.

As a bonus I'm including a pic of our house in Roatan, Honduras and Sonoma County, CA. (Both of which feel more like "home").

• Options
    Add us to the tiny, old house group. Ours was built in 1927 (I think). The first is when we bought it, the second is after we dug out the grass in the park strip and planted drought resistant native plants last summer. They are all HUGE now. I don't think I have a picture of it this year, and if I do I have no idea where it would be :(. We are contemplating tearing out all the front grass and planting a veggie garden in the front because it gets more sun than the back and it's hard to keep the grass alive in the hot, dry summer. I think it's got pretty great curb appeal, one of the reasons we bought it. imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @redrockmama‌ super cute old house!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    I wanted to add the picture with the lights on the house. I always enjoy putting the lights up for the holidays!
  • Options
    Super delayed but we'll play :)

We live in Southern California about a block from the bay and two from the ocean. It's a pretty residential area where the houses are fairly close together.

One thing I wish we could do is keep our plants alive. Knock on wood, the larger more established trees and shrubs are doing fine. It's the additions we've made that haven't done well. Being gone for most of the month of August didn't help. We are planning on going with more natives next time :)

I'm not sure why the second picture is sideways but I'm posting from my phone. The picture of the front is from last fall when it was still in escrow.
  • Options
    You all have such beautiful houses! And no snow!
    I'm 35, DW is 33
    Together since Dec 2007
    Married since 18 June 2011

TTC #1
    1st IUI - trigger, 9 July 14 at midnight, IUI - 11 July 14 at noon - BFP!!
    10 Dec 14 - Lost our Baby Girl to Hydrops & Cycstic Hygroma due to Turner Syndrome
    TTC #2
    2nd IUI - hoping to try for our Rainbow in the Spring
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"