Parenting
Options

WDPD (What did Parenting do)

How did you tell you man your were having a kid?  

With sammie it was pretty much unplanned and I was just very blunt that I thought there was a chance and I was goingt o buy a test... no fancy pinterest  announcment, no fan fare, just bought a dollar store stcik and peed (his sis is an OB and swears the dollar store sticks are just as good as any $15 purchase)

Also if you are planning for more, do you think you would do it differently?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: WDPD (What did Parenting do)

• Options

I texted him when I was at work and my co-worker told me that since I was just spotting off and on that it could be something else. I got a test on the way home and then he read it after I took it.

She was semi planned. We threw caution to the wind that month and planned to really plan/temp etc the following month.

Not sure if we will have more. If we will I would love to do something cute, but it will probably be the same type of thing because I can't keep a secret.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I left the pee stick in the chair that he always sits in.  He, being oblivious, sat on it and I had to tell him that he sat on "something".  He looked at it, threw it back at me, and said "nice try".  I left for work and we didn't speak for the next few days.

I plan on being in a different relationship the next go round (IF I have more kids).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We were at Target and I told him I was going to buy a test because I was feeling off but I didn't really think I was pregnant because my body had been being dumb and not ovulating and such. Well, he works early mornings so is gone for work when I wake up, I told him I would call him after I tested. I tested when I woke up and it showed positive right away so I called him right then and said something along the lines of "this stick says I'm fucking pregnant". He was still on his drive to work and that probably wasn't the best/safest way for me to tell him.

I wish I had waited and told him face to face but I just couldn't contain my excitement. I never would have been able to pull off a cute pinterest thingy anyway, it would have been nice if we could have had that experiance together. Telling our older daughter that shew as going to be a sister was much more fun and cute.

~*~*~You're Such A Pretty Melody, I'm Just Another Tattooed Tragedy~*~*~
    FKA: Mireland23  image
  • Options
    I didn't do anything big. For the first I had planned to when we started trying I just bought a baby picture frame and was going to print something like "you're going to be a dad" or "baby last name coming soon" and put it in the frame. So I had the frame hidden and waiting. One day we were having dinner and H made my fav but I wanted nothing to do with it. I didn't feel sick or anything but the food turned me off. H said "I bet you're pregnant". So I went upstairs to POAS and he was right. I was too excited to do anything but grab the empty frame, run downstairs, and practically throw it at him lol.

The second time I literally yelled down the stairs "I just took a test and I'm pregnant". Lol
  • Options
    I woke up at 3 and couldn't get back to sleep. Peed on a stick. Woke up DH and told him. He couldn't get back to sleep after that. I'm infertile and we were on a break cycle after a failed IVF attempt so we were both pretty surprised. 

Next time I might doing something a little sly like send him a link to a tiny onesie and say 'I think we need some of these' or something cute like that but I am terrible at keeping secrets even for like, a day. 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    I felt the implantation. I was lying on the couch, in mild pain, and told him "I know it- we're pregnant!" A few days later a HPT confirmed it. He was in the kitchen, cleaning up from dinner, and I walked out of the bathroom with a positive test.
    We are 95% sure DD will be our one and only, so no other announcements are in the works.
  • Options

1st time involved a lot of crying & omg what am I going to do bc I was NOT in a place to be having a child.

the 2nd time I POAS & surprised him with it when he got home from a work trip

the 3rd time I had found a lump in my breast & had seen a doctor who confirmed it as suspicious & I was flipping out thinking I had breast cancer, so it was straight tears of joy to find out I was pregnant instead

& the 4th time he said "no shit?!  REALLY?!?  But we only did it like 2 times tho!"

LOL super romantic we are 

• Options
    With DS I took about 100 tests too early so I was expecting a negative again. When the second line came up I ran out of the bathroom and threw the stick at DH, who was watching the Yankees in the World Series. Thank god for the pause feature on live tv or he might not have budged.

With DD, although we were trying, that particular month I was kinda hoping that I wasn't pregnant. I had bought a bunch of internet cheapies and they were so inconsistent. So I bought a digital and it popped up pregnant. For a second, I was like, "oh, fuck", and then I waked 2 floors down to the basement where DH was working and, again, threw the test at him. This time in the head. We were both in shock. That night we planned on having sushi for dinner and I said fuck it, I want sushi.

Such beautiful memories. Lol.

My reaction to him proposing to me was, "Shut the fuck up". I'm super romantic.
  • Options
    Both pregnancies were planned, so I told him I was gonna POAS on the days I figured it was late enough to show up, and then I did and then I told him the results. The bathroom is connected to our bedroom so we were just getting ready for work, I'm pretty sure both times he came in to see for himself. If we have another planned kid, it will be the same. If I ever think I might be pregnant without the planning part, it'll also be the same (but we'll probably be more anxious about it). 

The whole pintrest reveal thing weirds me out though. 
  • Options
    MrsButt said:
    Okay. Well, that's funny.

Why is that?
  • Options
    MrsButt said:
    MrsButt said:
    Okay. Well, that's funny.

Why is that?
    Because it's like a step above feeling egg meet sperm and it's making me laugh.

You could have just had a cramp or ate something funny with dinner. It's funny that you just knew it was implantation.

Maybe you are a stomach twinge psychic? I just thought it was a silly thing to say but what do I know. My husband played Call of Duty instead of celebrating our pregnancy.

I understand where you're coming from, but we were actively trying and I just knew. I Googled my symptoms that day and emailed my doctor that night. Dr. Google and real-life doctor confirmed it was likely implantation. I forget the exact statistic, but it's something like 8-10% of women feel it.
  • Options
    With my first, I had missed my period by a couple days & was going to test the following morning. I couldn't sleep & decided to do it at 2am since I had to pee anyway. It was positive,but I didn't want to wake up my H. SO I laid there, not sleeping until he made the littlest movement that made me think he was somewhat awake. Then I told him. He was definately awake then. 

With my 2nd... I had taken a test the week before & it was neg. But I was still feeling a constant mild nausea. DH said I should probably take another. I was like "ok whatever... but I know I'm not." I took another one & it was positive. I brought it out of the bathroom with me & showed him. We hugged, kissed & that was about it. :)

My 2 December boys

• Options
    Both times I peed on a stick after I missed my period. W the big one, it was a Saturday morning. W the twins, it was a Thursday after work. I just told him both times.

We found out it was twins at a 7w dating u/s. I was just confirming the pregnancy and he was meeting me but was late bc of traffic so I found out first but told him after showing him two beans on the u/s.

• Options
    Thought I was having a bad reaction to some antibiotics, and mild flu like symptoms. After I was done my meds and still felt like crap, I thought it might be my thyroid acting up.

Finally went to a doc after 9 weeks to get some labs drawn, and my report sheet had perfectly normal levels for someone in their 1st tri. He was texting me while I was at my visit, and I simply said it wasn't my thyroid acting up but my occupied uterus.
  • Options
    The first time we went to the store together and then I took it and just told him right away.

The second time I gave the test to DS (it was his 3rd bday actually) and had him hand it to DH. It was planned but he didn't know I was testing yet. He still asked what it meant when he saw it.
    imageimage
  • Options
    With our first I POAS in the morning before he was up and went and shoved it in his face.
    With the twins I had tested positive the prior two days but was waiting for a very positive line bc DH doesn't trust light lines and we'd had a CP and MMC the year before. I had put DD to bed but she didn't want to sleep in the bed, she wanted to sleep in the crib that was still set up in the baby room, so I let her (she was going through a phase). I told DH that she was asleep but that she wouldn't be able to sleep in the crib much longer because we were having another baby, and showed him two tests that I had just taken- a digi and FRER.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited November 2014
    First time was unplanned so I called H whilst he was at work, pee stick shaking a bit in hand and saying "So... I think I'm pregnant".  And he was basically like "..Oh." That's the end of that really... we were thinking of TTC soon anyway, so it wasn't a disaster or anything, but still unexpected.

This time we were trying (temping/charting all that), so I tested one morning and finally got a faint line and went and roused him out of bed so he could look at and make sure I wasn't crazy.  Then we were like "Ok then!"

The end.

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Options
    Two of the times he was in the bathroom with me when I POAS.

One time we were at a bar in Thailand, and I had just bought the test in the mall, but everyone was all rushed to get to the bar by sunset, so I didn't take the test at the mall, and I ended up taking it in the bar. DH knew I was taking it, so I brought it back to the table to show him. It was inconclusive because it looked like it might be a super faint line, but it was hard to tell. Super klassy for taking a pregnancy test in a bar and bringing it back to the table, but I wanted to know if I should drink. Then I retested in a week, and he was with me.

One time I POAS, but DH was outside in the workshop, so I took the stick out to show him. I had it in my pocket, and he said he could tell that I was excited and wanting to show him something. He guessed that it was a scratch-off lottery ticket. Similar in some ways, but no. He was really excited.

So basically they all involved pee sticks - nothing creative or romantic.

• Options
    I can't remember if I've shared this before or not.

Dh and I were in Ireland for the holidays with my mom and sister. I'd been feeling off but chalked it up to jet lag. Mom and sister left 2 days before us and it was chaos at mil's with all the nieces and nephews running around. Dh and I went to the pub to get away from it all. I ordered a cider and after 2 sips asked dh what the date was. I realized I was a week late and ran to the chemist, bought a test and peed on right there in the pub. I stuck it in the pocket of my hoodie (classy I know) and showed dh. He pounded his pint and then said "ah all Irish ones come up positive." We still laugh about it everytime we go to Ireland.
  • Options
    It was the day we moved. We were SO exhausted. So, laying in bed at our new house, I told him (jokingly) that I don't think I should move anymore boxes. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I went with a bottle of makers Mark and a dollar store stick.. with a card. ... I haven't peed on it yet. .I am pretty sure I know what it's going to say. . Something along the lines of " enjoy your booze-free 40th birthday"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    DH and I had been trying for one month. I was late and took a dollar store test on a Friday before work. I had DH check it for me. It was negative. So I spent the long weekend having a good time, so to speak. On labour day I used a digi first thing in the a.m. DH was making coffee. He knew what I was up to. I said "what time is it?!?! (such a newb, thinking I need to accurately time it)". DH was all " I dunno!". Then it came up "pregnant" and I just called DH's name and he knew. He didn't say a lot. Just kind of "uhh awesome?". I think it was a big shock and he was not so secretly, scared shit less.

The other 2 times I took a test at work and sent him a picture. He said the same thing. "Awesome". Such a romantic story lol.
  • Options
    Love tit because I know the feeling @Sterling13‌ . We were kind of seemingly unexcited the 3rd time around. Just thinking, don't get excited yet. We'll see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"