January 2013 Moms
Options

Things I said I'd never do

Sep5BrideSep5Bride member
edited November 2014 in January 2013 Moms
I'm sure this sort of post has gone around before, but I thought it might be interesting to hear what others have to say.

Before DD, I said I'd never use snacks as bribery, and I also thought we'd be able to avoid TV. Mommy fail.

Re: Things I said I'd never do

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    TV is my big one too. I've got a little guilt about that one but sometimes I need that break it gives me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    co sleep for sure or yell....

• Options
    oh and let her still have a ba at almost 2yrs old...thought i'd have her off ba at 18 mos....but it's only one a day at night time

• Options
    Hmmmmmm, TV for sure, along with a lot of food related items. She eats eggo waffles like every breakfast and although I pair them with a squeezie and fruit it yogurt I would have been appalled at myself. But she loves them with a passion. :-)

I also breastfed fifteen months which was longer than I thought I'd make it.

I thought that I wouldn't cater as much to her schedule as I do.

I thought I would just leave her at the gym daycare every day to work out. Haha.

I never thought I would let a baby sleep in the swing. Then with reflux we did for four months!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Add me to the TV list. Sometimes it is the only way I can get anything done.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    …be playing on my phone at the playground.

…let him eat the amount of sugar and processed crap that he eats.

He doesn't watch TV or get screen time, but that is because we don't really watch TV (sometimes we'll watch it as a couple after he goes to bed as relaxation time). This is something I am really proud of sticking with, but we plan to break the streak by allowing him to watch Christmas movies with us this year.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• Options
    TV and sugar, for sure. Lots of mama guilt over here! And eggos are a huge hit in this house too!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

• Options
    I said for sure I would not be one of those moms who refuses to stay overnight away from DS. Here I am almost 2 years later and have never spent a single night away from him.
    Guess I need to get over it by June because I will have no choice when the new baby comes!

I am also with you other moms with tv time and sugar.
    I snickered at a dad who got very upset with his wife for letting their 1 year old have a lollipop while getting his first haircut. He was like, "He's never had sugar before!!!!!!" She was like "Well he isn't crying anymore is he?" Loved it!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh god, TV for sure. I'm trying so hard to keep it limited for her, but sometimes it's the only way i get anything done!

And @katrine_05‌, right there with you re:picky eaters. Bridget eats so little, I end up making the dishes she likes over and over, just so she eats.

And I do remember saying something about not being a short-order cook....
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    Add us to the TV list for sure and I also said a baby wasnt sleeping in my bed and here we are almost 2 years later and she has never slept a night in her own bed lol. I also let her eat whatever she wants most of the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"