October 2013 Moms

Warm milk or serve cold?

CateOfChicagoCateOfChicago member
edited November 2014 in October 2013 Moms
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

Warm milk or serve cold? 100 votes

I warm LO's milk
20% 20 votes
I serve it cold
70% 70 votes
Haven't transitioned yet
9% 9 votes
SS/we give the powder milk on LO's tongue
1% 1 vote

Re: Warm milk or serve cold?

• Just pour it straight from fridge to cup and give him the cup.
  • I warm it up to room temperature...I also don't give him ice cold water or water from the fridge either
  • Loading the player...
  • Cold milk, ice water. He took his BM and formula bottles cold from the fridge, so he's used to it.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Cold milk, and we give him ice water too. He likes the cold on his gums since he's teething.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD refuses to drink whole milk. She takes a sip, makes a disgusted face, and throws her cup...Every. Time. Maybe I should try warming it?  I tried mixing the milk in with formula, and she still won't drink it. Other suggestions?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We do cold now. She would never drink formula cold but she will with WCM.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• SS- breast milk is always warm? When I give her other kinds, though, it's cold. She doesn't seem to mind.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • I did give cold, she took it but took her a while. I warm them up just little now and she drinks it in five seconds. Either way she drinks it eventually though
  • Usually cold. He would never take his formula cold, but seems to be ok with milk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TaterTat3 said:

I warm it up to room temperature...I also don't give him ice cold water or water from the fridge either

This is what we do too. Not too warm but she won't drink it cold. Same with water
  • DS drinks it cold. Usually with a straw. Yes, he blows bubbles in it. Every. Single. Time. He will sometimes take the straw out to play with, then just drink the milk with out a straw (and blow bubbles).

The only time he gets warm milk is the odd time he gets his "Starbucks". We don't have a Starbucks here, but I always get london fogs or chai tea lattes. I call them my coffee. The very odd time LO will just get a very small child temp steamed milk. It's in the to-go-cup, and I don't feel right calling it his coffee (since it is just steamed milk, not even a flavour shot), so we call it his Starbucks. And when we're out of town, he does get a real Starbucks. He does love them. He also likes to take the lid off and lick the steamed foam off.
  • YogaSandy said:

DS drinks it cold. Usually with a straw. Yes, he blows bubbles in it. Every. Single. Time. He will sometimes take the straw out to play with, then just drink the milk with out a straw (and blow bubbles).

The only time he gets warm milk is the odd time he gets his "Starbucks". We don't have a Starbucks here, but I always get london fogs or chai tea lattes. I call them my coffee. The very odd time LO will just get a very small child temp steamed milk. It's in the to-go-cup, and I don't feel right calling it his coffee (since it is just steamed milk, not even a flavour shot), so we call it his Starbucks. And when we're out of town, he does get a real Starbucks. He does love them. He also likes to take the lid off and lick the steamed foam off.

Weird.

• We always served formula at room temperature and we don't warm the milk.  I didn't want him to get used to warm milk and then have a melt down the first time we were out and unable to warm it. It took him a few tries to get used to the cold of the whole milk but he got it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"