April 2015 Moms

Final Name Decision?

123457»

Re: Final Name Decision?

• RHoPA1109 said:

@sammyben why did you lovetit my post? I was trying so hard to express my dismay with your gender stereotyping. Are you trying to say that you see the errors in your way?

She lovetitted my post where I told her to put her gut under a shirt. I think she's lovetitting out of spite and self-perceived cleverness.

I did it to entertain you! Doesn't seem like you have much of a life outside forums so I thought I'd give you something else to bitch about! Your welcome :)
  • Loading the player...
  • nutrishus said:
    I actually was planning on naming her Blake Ellie . But my SO loved Elliott so much . I wanted her to have a sweet girlie name and when I found Elliette in my baby name book ( yes it's in my book ;) and on the internet baby name top 100 for Scandinavian names, I think that's the site I saw it on ) I decided to go for it cause I think it's a nice name . I didn't make it up I promise and it's spelled exactly the way it was in the book. :x
    Good for you if you like the name, and it has meaning for you. But just an fyi, finding a name in a book of on the internet does not make it legitimate. I have seen Paytyn, Addysyn, Aiyden on the internet too.

I don't like Elliott on the a girl, but if you plan on pronouncing it like Elliott, spell it that way or Elliotte. Or save the name for another child. You will save her a world of explanation and confusion. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• @ashleyinva‌ I posted early in this thread but since decided that I didn't want that name so I'm back down to zero choices as well lol you'll find something!
  • Anatomy scan and 12 pages later, I still have 0 names. I know you all were waiting for this update. Maybe by 24 pages I'll have at least one option.

Totally feeling you on this. Everyone I know had a boy in the last year and I keep finding myself feeling like they took all the good names.
  • My Italian American family has four generations of Dominick. We called my cousin Nicky when he was younger. It's Italian without being too crazy and has possibility for a few different nm

Me(29) DH (29)

DD1(5/21/03)

DD2(8/26/05)

DS(11/23/10)

DD3( EDD: 4/10/15)

• dana1047dana1047 member
    edited December 2014
    RHoPA1109 said:

RHoPA1109 said:

We're pretty sure we want Caliber. Caliber John? Taking after dad and grandpa. We want something that flows, nothing choppy.

@crichter18, This name is so, so bad for more reasons than it just sounds awful. What if your kid doesn't end up liking guns? What if he tries to get hired somewhere someday and the person in charge is anti-gun or lost someone they loved to a tragic shotgun accident? Whether we like it or not, people judge others by their names sometimes, and you are doing your kid a world of disservice by giving them such a polarizing name. But, judging from your "pregnancy is..." Post, you don't think of anyone's needs or feelings but your own.
    Ha. Please, do yourself a favor and look up the name. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with a fucking gun. Whoopie it's a part on a gun, doesn't mean anything. You're ignorant. But you always will be because of one post that I deleted. Move along now.
    ----------
    Maybe someone already covered this, but a caliber is not a part of a gun. It is a term that indicates the size of the ammunition.

I'm guilty of phrasing it wrong as "part of a gun." Still, trashy name.

Caliber doesn't bother me as I dont think of guns initially. Instead the word makes me think of quality.....secondarily I think of the caliber of bullets.

I do prefer John Caliber, as it sounds better to my ears. I'm also picking a more "offbeat" name but I'm reserving it for a MN. I figure if my son lives up to being a cool,badass kid he can chose to use it or lose it as he grows :)

If he turned out to be a CEO of a company or felt his name reminded him of guns when he is anti-gun (I'm pro gun BTW lol), he could always go by John C.

• @mrsblissed‌ . Thank you :) and yes this is exactly how it's pronounced .
  • We are pretty much 99% on Martin (Marty for short). I want a J middle name so initials can be MJ. I like Jack (after my husband's late grandpa), but anyone have any suggestions?
  • Actually we decided on Ya'hyness.
    Lmfao
  • Actually we decided on Ya'hyness.
    Lmfao

My best friend is an L&D nurse. She assisted in the birth of a Urhiness. It was a he.
  • Actually we decided on Ya'hyness. Lmfao
    My best friend is an L&D nurse. She assisted in the birth of a Urhiness. It was a he.
    My grandma was a head start teacher in a rough end of town and once had a family at her school with some crazy names.  Two boys named, Yo'Majesty, Yo'Highness and a girl named Yo'Princess.  My grandmother claims the mother said it was so 'no one would talk down to her babies'.  
  • We still need to discuss but we've liked Serena for a really long time. I personally really like Merida (yes like the disney princess, i have some deep rooted scottish ancestry) but i don't know if the hubs will go for that. Hahaha.

We call the baby invader zim for now and she is my little alien. Hopefully after further discussion I'll be able to add to the convo again with a real answer.

I highly recommend Serena, it's served me well all these years. :)
    For my little girl we are thinking Ameera or Jasmine.
  • RHoPA1109 said:

We're pretty sure we want Caliber. Caliber John? Taking after dad and grandpa. We want something that flows, nothing choppy.

@crichter18, This name is so, so bad for more reasons than it just sounds awful. What if your kid doesn't end up liking guns? What if he tries to get hired somewhere someday and the person in charge is anti-gun or lost someone they loved to a tragic shotgun accident? Whether we like it or not, people judge others by their names sometimes, and you are doing your kid a world of disservice by giving them such a polarizing name. But, judging from your "pregnancy is..." Post, you don't think of anyone's needs or feelings but your own.

I'm so sorry but I'm so glad someone else said this. It's downright awful and is not a name at all. Please don't do this to your kid.
  • Michi1382 said:

I think we're pretty set on Juliet Grace for a girl (I have to get Shakespeare in there somehow). DH wants the middle name for a boy to be Winter. He says that way when, later in life, our son calls to say he's on his way home DH can turn to me and say, "Winter is coming." Thank you, Game of Thrones.
    So now we're toying with Michael Winter, Nathaniel Winter (both of which sound like badass Marvel Shield Agents to me) or Robert Winter. B-)

OMG MICHELLE!!!

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Michi1382 said:

I think we're pretty set on Juliet Grace for a girl (I have to get Shakespeare in there somehow). DH wants the middle name for a boy to be Winter. He says that way when, later in life, our son calls to say he's on his way home DH can turn to me and say, "Winter is coming." Thank you, Game of Thrones.
    So now we're toying with Michael Winter, Nathaniel Winter (both of which sound like badass Marvel Shield Agents to me) or Robert Winter. B-)

OMG MICHELLE!!!
    @melissa721‌ Hi, my friend!!! :-h
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • melissa721melissa721 member
    edited December 2014
    Michi1382 said:

Michi1382 said:

OMG MICHELLE!!!
    @melissa721‌ Hi, my friend!!! :-h

Hello, my love. <3 I'll just breeze past your name choices bc you already know how much I love them. :) So funny when you come across someone you know on TB.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"