December 2013 Moms

Homemade or Gerber?

Do you make your own baby food or buy Gerber and why?

Re: Homemade or Gerber?

• I made it because it was cheap and easy (steam, mash, done).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The only baby food I have made are apples, pears, peaches, and bananas.  LO hated the jarred fruit baby food when she first started eating solids so making the food was the only way to get her to eat fruit.  Now she will eat pretty much any jarred food so I mostly give her that.  I try to buy organic as much as possible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We made our baby food. It was cheaper and fairly easy for us. Luckily now he eats mostly table food.
  • I did a combo of both. She mostly eats table food now but I still occasionally buy jarred food for nights when we are eating something that isn't good for her or if dinner is running later than usual
  • @ColeRose Raylin eats all the table food but she still gags on bread and crackers some. Its weird. She wants to eat these items but for the most part we don't give her any bread or bread like items anymore because she chokes and gags EVERY time. Raylin did really well though over Thanksgiving with home made cheese potatoes. They are big chunks and she was able to gobble those up. Just an idea for you. 
  • We bought the organic purée pouches. I didn't think it was much more expensive than buying all the different items and steaming them. Plus it was so much easier. Now we are mostly table food, she just eats what we eat.
  • Make my own but use the store bought pouches for when we are out and about! I am not sure how the cost works out, but I love to cook and I have totally enjoyed my Sunday ritual of making his food!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"