May 2013 Moms
Options

Medicine

How are you giving your toddlers medicine now? LO has an ear infection and is refusing her meds. I tried normal syringe, putting in some applesauce no luck. Last night we put it on a popcicle but I don't want her eating a popcicle 2x a day for the next 8 days.
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Medicine

• Options
    Not sure if this will help but my LO loves giving "high fives." We give her an iron supplement every night and discovered that she will take it no problem if we reward her with high fives after. At first DH had to hold her head while I squirted it in but now we just say "vitamin time" and she says "high five" and then swallows it right down. No idea how long this will last but it's much better than what we used to do (holding her down and squirting it in while she screams).
  • Options
    We had done the cheering and clapping and it worked when we were giving her Advil for teething. But not sure if she can tell its different or what but she is fighting us this time. Grr...stubborn like her daddy in this case isn't good.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use a syringe and always praise C when he takes it. And he always asks for "moy".
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"