June 2015 Moms
Options

Nervous- NT Scan tomorrow

For the ladies who have been through the first trimester screening - will the ultrasound technician provide some feedback during the NT scan itself (like the neck measurement) or will I have to wait until the following combined review of the blood work and the scan to get the results? After a missed miscarriage discovered at my NT scan last June I am so nervous about this procedure and what I should expect!

Re: Nervous- NT Scan tomorrow

• Options
    Aww I'm sorry for your previous loss and I understand why you'd be feeling that way! I have my NT on Monday, but at the NT for my DD we did receive feedback that the measurement was great. I think we had to wait to hear back about the bloodwork, but we were definitely put at ease from the ultrasound and measurement. However, I don't know if it's always like this...I usually get info right away but I think lots of people have to wait to hear from the doctor. I've been thinking about this too bc I have to go to a different place for it this time so I'm just hoping it's the same! Good luck, hang in there!

• Options
    I just had mine done today. The tech didn't offer any info on the measurement, but when I asked, she told me it was within the normal range. A lot of techs won't offer info to you. I ask a lot of questions :) I have also had a missed miscarriage so I understand your worries. After I saw the heartbeat I breathed a huge sigh of relief. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We received the neck measurement today at the scan and bloodwork next week.
    04/2008 Biochemical
    03/2009 DS
    09/2013 Ectopic - MTX
    1/2014 Biochemical
    07/2014 Ectopic
    09/2014 Final injectible/IUI cycle prior to saving for IVF. BFP!!! 
    14 DPO: 179
    17 DPO: 547
    21 DPO: 2,180.70
    10/9/14 We have a heartbeat!!!!!
    Due June 5th!

• Options
    We just had ours done today and everybody was SO NICE!  The genetic counselor talked to us for about 40 minutes and reviewed EVERYTHING.  Then the US tech spent so much time letting us look at every angle and explaining what all of the measurements meant.  It was very reassuring and a positive experience!  And we got to see our little thing do a headstand, kick it's legs, and wiggle it's butt all at once!

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Today my tech explained the normal measurements and then I could see while she was measuring that it was under 3mm...she said there was nothing she was concerned about but I was able to see the measurements even if she didn't say anything. Sending you good vibes for a great appt!!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    I had my NT scan today. After the tech took all her measurements the doc came in to say it was within normal range. I should get the blood work results next week. It was great seeing baby, he/she was moving like crazy! The tech took a bunch of pics but the ones she printed out to give us were junk, you can't tell what's what in them.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"