January 2013 Moms

Decongestant?

Have you given your LO a decongestant yet? If so, what brand/kind?

DS has had a few colds but nothing too terrible. His current cold is pretty bad, with a nasty cough, and I would love to give him something so he can enjoy Thanksgiving. 
IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

Re: Decongestant?

• We still haven't, though I did give him Hyland's tiny cold tablets and they helped a little. They are nearing 2 so we are getting close, but I still just suck out the yuck and am trying to teach T to blow his nose. I've heard some mom's have given claritan (or similar) but usually I'd assume a doc should ok that! Hope your DS feels better soon. Toddler colds are so awful!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Well DD was put on Claritin when she got tubes, not exactly a decongestant but helped with the fluid. We also have used the hylands cold tablets and or Benadryl when super snotty. Again they are antihistamines but helped. No actual decongestants though, just saline. :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • tried hylands but claritin worked best....couldnt find the hylands tabs just syrup....but the claritin is chewable and much easier to give her....she's snotty a lot and we had that week where she coughed so much from post nasal drip she threw up every night....the antibiotics didn't work and the claritin dried her up best
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hmm, we're trying Hylands. Thanks everyone!
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"