April 2014 Moms
Options

we have a tooth showing...now what??

My LO hasn't slept through the night in a month and my guess is this was why. I'm talking total crap sleep, up every three hours.Im about to lose my mind, whats left of it.   Anyone else experienced this and what to do now to make this no sleep stop, knowing there is a lil nubbin tooth there!!

Re: we have a tooth showing...now what??

• Options
    Now that the tooth is out the sleep should improve if that was the cause. Do you ever give Tylenol or Motrin before bed? That can help a lot with those rough nights.

• Options
    I haven't because I thought maybe growth spurt or something? I am SO giving Tylenol tonight. Goodness, I hope this works.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ibuprofen helps with swelling and lasts longer than Tylenol. Sorry to hear you've had sucky sleep.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    we did a baby cocktail of orajel and tylenol when it was really bad. now that the tooth has broke through hes doing a lot better, but with future teeth it will be given. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS has had 2 teeth thru for awhile now and still wakes every few hours, good luck.
  • Options
    We have 4 teeth and still wake every 3 hours.

• Options
    I agree with PPs, but just a heads up... I think many moms on the board would be thrilled to have their LOs wake up *only* every 3 hours. :-)

This!
  • Options
    Thanks to all those that helped with your advice. I've been posting on here for a while now and have been very honest and supportive of everyone. To those of you that took the time to either agree or post outright that others would be lucky to have my current issues, please next time just don't say anything if you don't have anything nice or supportive to say.
  • Options

Thanks to all those that helped with your advice. I've been posting on here for a while now and have been very honest and supportive of everyone. To those of you that took the time to either agree or post outright that others would be lucky to have my current issues, please next time just don't say anything if you don't have anything nice or supportive to say.

QFP. And eye roll. My response was helpful.

Perspective is helpful when parenting. Yeah, when you're used to sleeping all night it can suck to be up every 3 hours again. I've been there, and worse. But there's always someone who has it worse than you do, Ya know?

This. When DD was in the throes of sleep regression, I would read the sleep questions thread 25% for actual tips, 75% for reminders that it could be worse. Hugs to all of you moms still struggling with really bad sleepers!

OP, I hope the Tylenol helps and your LO goes back to getting a good night's sleep so that you can too :)
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Options
    We aren't teething and I was Up every hour last night. I'd kill to be up every 3 hours.
  • Options
    I've always found that teeth come in pairs so when you think you're done, you get nailed again.

Our first two broke through at exactly six months and while our sleep situation was not ideal before teeth its been crap ever since. I am pretty sure she is working on a couple more right now.

It's a tough time. I don't want to just let her CIO in the middle of the night if she's in pain from teething - but you can't be sure if its teething until you see teeth. So basically I just expect the next few months to be filled with a lot of night time wake ups and nursing sessions. I find it helps if you set your expectations low....lol
  • Options

thanks @juniper75, I think that's right about where we are.

I only come on here and have been for months to ask for help/support and to be supportive. Any additional nonsense, I'm going to ignore. Thanks again to those of you trying being helpful!

• Options
    My son has been sleeping 12-14 hours straight for several months now so when he doesn't its miserable.  Because we get used to our own babies sleep patterns when its off its miserable no matter what.  For the mom's whose babies wake every 3 hours, when they wake ever hour your body isn't used to the interruptions.  Same goes for babies who typically sleep longer, and waking every 3 hours is abnormal for that specific child.    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"