Baby Names

Is this a huge stretch?

BananaLettuceBananaLettuce member
edited November 2014 in Baby Names
Bradford Graham nn Bram?

My H is on board with Bradford, but we're not crazy about any of the nn choices. I love Abram, but he doesn't.

It's almost like a smoosh name, but it's a Iegitimate name in itself.

You can tell me if it's stupid. I can take it. ;)

*Eta boy names are ridiculously hard.
Started adoption process in Jan. 2011.
3 failed matches in 2012.
Surprise pregnancy in Aug. 2012.
Precious baby boy "HC" born May 2013.
Began researching EA in 2014.
No longer pursuing EA due to fibroid complications.
Officially on the adoption home study wait list.

Re: Is this a huge stretch?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I like Bradford. How do you feel about the nb ford?
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think it's a stretch, but I'd gear up for the Brad NN whether you like it or not. ;)
  • I think it works. Love PP's suggestion of Ford.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• I'm okay with the nn Brad. That's what my dad was called, but I think I'm just having a hard time thinking of a baby named Brad. Haha. Does that make any sense?

• Neither are my style so not sure how to weigh in. Do you want other suggestions or are you pretty set?
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Neither are my style so not sure how to weigh in. Do you want other suggestions or are you pretty set?
    Bradford was my dad's name (he died of brain cancer when I was two), and we definitely want to incorporate it in baby #2's name if it's a boy. We were originally considering it as a mn, but the H and I have been through thousands of boy names and can't find anything we agree on, so now we're considering Bradford in the fn spot. I love Graham because it's Scottish, which is my ancestral heritage.

All that to say, I'm totally open to suggestions, but I've pretty much given up on finding another fn name that we agree on.

• A nickname could be anything, I don't like the sound of bram... But that could just be me. It sounds like a sound effect.
    I like brad, Brady, Bradley and graham a lot more.
  • I think it works! I think the idea of combining the 2 names for a nick name is cute. I know a Breanna Marie who goes by Ann Marie and a Mary Edith who goes by Meme.
  • I'm okay with the nn Brad. That's what my dad was called, but I think I'm just having a hard time thinking of a baby named Brad. Haha. Does that make any sense?

That does make sense. I can't really imagine a baby Brad either. That being said, you could just call him Bradford and then transition to brad when he's a bit older.
  • I like Bradford. How do you feel about the nb ford?

We have a Harrison, so I'm thinking no. Haha.
    Haha!!! Totally understandable!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like it! If I remember correctly you have a Harrison (the bananas are ringing a bell lol) and I think those names are good together!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I don't think it's too big a stretch.  I have a Josephine that we call Joy.  Not the nickname that people would assume, and people were initially puzzled, but everyone has gone along with it without fuss.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"