Adoption

Black Friday

Hello! 

Are any of you planning on doing any black friday shopping for essential baby items? If so, what are you buying?

I use the website below to preview the black friday ads, and I was interested in the pack and play & video monitors from Toys R Us, and a stroller/car seat combo from Sam's Club. My co-worker thinks it's weird that I'm buying big ticket items, and she thinks I should register them instead. My best friend and aunt both want to throw us a baby shower, but we wouldn't have a shower until after the placement (DIA). Therefore, we need to buy certain items (such as a car seat & pack and play/bassinet) prior to the arrival. 

Just curious what everyone else does. Happy Thanksgiving!

Re: Black Friday

• I totally bought a pack n play yesterday. We aren't even home study approved yet. (Interviews are all set up, home visit is the 11th.) But it was an awesome Amazon deal. I wasn't planning to buy anything until we were officially waiting, but sales!
    Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
  • Just wanted to add that I agree, you don't need a separate bassinet. We got a PNP with an infant sleeper.
  • Loading the player...
  • We are currently waiting and after we were being considered for an emergency placement, we decided that we wanted to be more prepared.  I have decided to enjoy this experience.

I started buying things as we find them. Some brand new, some consignment. We plan on having a shower too, but we live in PA- where the revocation period is 30 days and we wont have a shower until after that. So we started slowly buying essentials.  We got the following items so far: car seat, pack n play, (used) crib (from DH's boss) and just got a dresser/changing table from my mom.

I am looking for a Cyber Monday deal on gliders.

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Let us know if you see any great cyber Monday deals!

We now own a pack n play and some bottles.
  • I got my Chicco Keyfit 30 carseat and base free with the purchase of the Chicco TRE jogging stroller on amazon.com.  As of this morning the deal was still on.

• I got my Chicco Keyfit 30 carseat and base free with the purchase of the Chicco TRE jogging stroller on amazon.com.  As of this morning the deal was still on.

Hmm. I don't see that. What a great deal though!
  • beachybride10beachybride10 member
    edited December 2014
    It did! I'm so tempted to pull the trigger. I see the price adjusted once I added both to my cart. I wish there was a color available other than orange and bright green.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"